MAV symptoms...during sleep!

Hello everyone!

Do any of you ever dream about your “MAV symptoms” while you’re sleeping???

I did, and I woke up feeling “cloudy”, very dizzy, and also a bad headache!

Does this ever happen to any of you??

p.s. I’ve heard that people actually dream auras before they wake up and then have the actual migraine upon awakening!

It has happened to me many times. I think it’s probably because I was getting an episode and it got incorporated into my dreams-woke me up feeling dizzy. Not a good dream!

I am so glad I came upon this sight. I was starting to lose hope and feeling like nobody gets what I’m experiencing. I have been suffering from dizziness/migraines for years and finally found a Dr. that took the time to listen to me and help figure out what the problem is. I’m still in the process of elimination. I had a massage for the first time yesterday thinking I’d leave feeling relaxed-boy was I wrong! It set off my dizziness and felt nauseaous, sore and light headed the next day as well. I felt more anxious then when I got there. I went on line and realized I am not the only one who experienced this. Sometimes I feel like no one gets it or I just don’t have the stamina, but reading some of your comments has helped me relate. Now I know I’m not the only person or that I’m just a “weak” person. This is a real condition and it is life altering especially when we have bad days. I would like to know what kind of meds help with the vertigo. My Dr. has me trying sumatriptan for mav and xanax. It works a little to relax me so I could sleep it off and not feel so queasy, but I need something better until I have a definite diagnosis.

I will sometimes get a dream that I am on an airplane or boat or car that is shifting to one side and back again, then I will wake up with dizziness. I agree that what is happening is that the dizziness hits while sleeping and then gets incorporated into the dream.

My worst dream was that I was screaming to my wife at the top of my lungs, “Get in here, I am spinning, I am spinning, help me.” And then I woke up and asked her if I had been screaming and she said ‘no.’ Just a horrible dream, and I woke up dizzy.

Is there no rest from this?

I used to have similar experiences to longshort, and totally agree - I believe that the MAV was acting up whilst I was alseep and this was manifesting in the dream I was having. Not at all pleasant, and it does have you thinking “can I not even sleep in peace”!

Luckily, lots of things are starting to improve now I have been on the Topamax for long enough (and now that I’m starting to reach a high enough dosage)…and this is one of them. I also used to immediately have to ‘lock-on’ to a stable visual reference point when I turned out the lights, like the moonlight outlining the window frame, for instance, just in order to stabilise the sense of false motion - this too has improved, thankfully!
Wishing you all well,
Tony.

I get dizziness when I move my head around on the pillow. Last night, I started moving my head around on the pillow during my sleep and it made me really dizzy because my dizziness is provoked by head movement. I am not a confirmed case of MAV, but I think this is possible with any type of disorder causing vertigo.

— Begin quote from “ichbindarren”

I get dizziness when I move my head around on the pillow. Last night, I started moving my head around on the pillow during my sleep and it made me really dizzy because my dizziness is provoked by head movement. I am not a confirmed case of MAV, but I think this is possible with any type of disorder causing vertigo.

— End quote

My positional veritgo at night increased ever since i started propanolol, but I’d rather deal with that only at bedtime compared to being dizzy and disoriented during the day.

Have you tried the Epley maneuvers yet?