Hello all you lovely dizzy people! I’m wondering if all the people who have improved on meds could answer these questions?
- Which med helped you?
- At what dose?
- What % improvement did you see?
- How long were you taking the med before it improved your symptoms?
Thank you so so much! Xxxx
- 150 mg
- It has helped prob 80% with motion sensitivity, brain fog, positional dizziness, rocking when sitting or lying down, feeling the floor move under me when i wash dishes, feeling like when i push a shopping cart i roll with the cart, etc. It has made no difference to my visual symptoms or my balance.
- A month or so.
I have been on it I think for 1.5 years now? I think another good question would be to say how long have you been taking it for and has it worked consistently the whole time, did u have to up the dosage, etc.?
DL what r u taking now?
jackie thats awesome how long have u been on topamax for? did u have trouble walking and did it help?
- Pregabalin + Pitozifen
- 450mg + 1.5 mg
- 6 months
Medication has recently been added for RLS which has pushed me up to about 80%. Still have ups and downs
— Begin quote from “TLOMurray”
90% of the sudden room shifting vertigo and 50% of the other symtoms. Everything is now at a manageable level.
Took about four weeks
— End quote
I always forget, I also take Metoprolol - 50MG night/25 AM - I’ve been taking it for 15 years for my Blood pressure so I forget that it’s also probably been helping me with VM.
Sarah d I never really had a problem with balance or walking apart from when I had attacks of vertigo.
I have been on topa for two months and have another two months to go, after that we see how things are. Xx
thats great jackie what dose are u on now? what other meds have u tried? are u planning to get off it in a few months? wont ur symptoms return?
Thanks so much for all your replies. So interesting! Xxx
50 mg (half/half morning/night).
A few weeks.
I am still early on nortriptyline and can’t say yet if it will help, but I WILL say this:
For brain fog and fatigue, Ritalin and Provigil worked GREAT. Also Strattera (norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor), which started helping me within 2 days.
Someone mentioned “downers”; for me it’s the “uppers” that help. But these are just ameliorating symptoms, not preventing migraine attacks.
Sarah d I am on 25mg and my doctor wants me to take topa for a further two months, if my symptoms return I will carry on taking topa.
I have not taken any other meds for mav before.
Take care Sarah Xx
- Pizotifen & Celexa
- 1.5mg & 15mg
- 90-100% for 18 months (Sept 06 - Oct 07)
- 1 month
I came off these, symptoms returned 7 months later after dizzy spell. Failed to work again second time round. Took a break, then trialled others drugs unsuccessfully until 2010.
- 0.5mg - 20mg over 4 years
- 80-90% for around 4 years (with blips Jan 2010 - Dec 2013)
- 2 months
Now trialling Nori at 10mg, symptoms not great.
- Zonisamide (Zonergran) Also Magnesium, CoEnzyme Q-10, Riboflavin
- 150 mg (provider wants me to take 200 mg but it makes me too sleepy)
- 100 % for 6 months, last 5 months have had one 3-4 day spell of vertigo & currently in one lasting about 3 wks. thus far
- Not sure, maybe a month.
Tried Neurontin, Topamax, Verapamil, Depakote.