Migraine lenses

I had a look at the Axon Optics website, lots of useful information about photophobia and migraine. I think their glasses look good, did you get them from the US. Are the lenses always pink/red for migraine. I need a new pair of reading glasses and my optician recommended Lutina lenses to filter blue light and harmful UV rays, but the Axon ones seem so much more what I need. And as I need prescription glasses I would prefer to have them made here with those lenses.
I agree about not caring about what other people think, when I went into the supermarket forgetting to take my sunglasses off I was ready for the dreadful dizzy fog but instead nothing, I was able to pick a few things without vertigo. I could not believe it.

1 Like

Good morning Cassandre, the Axon Optics are the reddish color. They are what works best for me no doubt. I have some of the blue ray blocker readers I wear while on the computer or reading and they work fine, however I’d love a tint like the Axons have for the computer work as well, haven’t found any of those yet. Theraspecs are another great brand that seem to have a more reddish orange tint than the Axon. I am in the US and have had good luck with the Axon brand, quality etc. so I’ve never tried the Theraspecs brand but their website also has some really good information.
https://www.theraspecs.com/?gclid=CjwKCAiAv9riBRANEiwA9Dqv1QoHRozr8ycjx8eV1LlXVAsm2ADxto-i1ROJqWE9gnBaxc4UmgdAFRoCGB8QAvD_BwE

NB from admin: these images link to a products members have found helpful and at the same time help fund the site: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Thanks for your support!

Theraspecs (US) WearOver Theraspecs (US)
More relevant eyewear here

I’d say Theraspecs are pink, the indoor ones at least. The outdoor ones … um. I’ve both sitting in top of the dresser somewhere. I imported them from US several years back. They are overglasses to fit over prescription glasses. I don’t use them. They are new, still in the box. Lots of people do find them useful. The lens are actually FL41 in optician speak and technically it’s possible to get them made up here in UK. If you bring them in from US you have to pay import taxes. About £40.00 I think I paid.

In UK you can also buy Migralens, British made and very dark green lens. I had a pair once on trial. Wore them an hour or so but it seemed so dark. Whatever you do, do not wear sunglasses all the time indoors because your eyes will quite quickly dark adapt. The darker it gets, the darker they want it. With having FL41 tint in your prescription glasses it’s probably the most convenient option. I had various darker tints made up when extremely photophobic however that improved and I outgrew them which makes them bit expensive and also it’s not generallly possible to have tints and reactalites in same pair of glasses, Helen

1 Like

I love f.lux!

1 Like

My indoor theraspecs are pink/orange. Outside is orange/brown. I don’t leave the house without them, no matter the weather.

1 Like

Hi Guys, please spare me a time as I face a big challenge in my career.

I’m having a part time job as an IT Consultant in the private sector of economy. I’m working for almost 8-9 hours just in front of my computer and my typical migraine glasses seems to be not working for me anymore. I guess I need to upgrade my glasses so it can block both the fluorescent light and blue light. Do you guys have an idea on what type of glasses to buy or any other alternative instead of using glasses? I can’t just let go of my work that’s why its very important for me to find a glasses that will suit me well.

Thanks in advance!

Lots of people do find them very useful. I personally don’t think Theraspecs help me but I’ve had several tinted lens made up by my optician which did and also bought very cheap, off the peg amber driving ‘anti glare’ glasses which helped considerably with photophobia in certain conditions.

However all these lens are just sticking plasters. They don’t address the underlying hypersensitivity and by spending so many hours in an environment which appears so toxic currently to your vestibular system it could well be that winding things up rather than a question of the lens not working for me anymore. Just as anybody with a broken leg in plaster on crutches would find it impossible to walk as much as they did before the accident your brain is finding it impossible to cope with so much constant stimulation. Personally When acute screen tolerance is the first to go. I have gone many months without looking at any screens, even a TV. Had no choice.

I’d say look at other lens but also have a look at some measures which might increase your tolerance levels in order that you can tolerate screens in a more normal way.

Indeed, some lens are only for temporary treatment then, after sometime you need to buy again because of the hidden damage it contributes to your condition. But, how long did you use the Theraspecs? Did it last for a year?

Has anyone found that theraspecs help when looking at LED screens? Or do they not help for that?