New to the Forum

Hello all,
New here and wanted to share my story. I suffered from classic migraines in my teenage years and a single case of BPPV that resolved without issue (without correct treatment). I spent most of my twenties and thirties migraine free(or so I thought) until a diagnosis of premature ovarian failure at 38yo. On being diagnosed I was prescribed hormone replacement treatment-which started a whirlwind of both silent and vestibular migraines with aura. I’ve only recently been diagnosed with vestibular migraines. For years in my 20s and 30s I had sporadic episodes of my environment tilting-lasting only seconds. I never thought much of it-I’d grown so used to it that it didn’t bother me the few times a year it happened. I’ve since learnt this was also a migraine.
This brings me to now. I hate the auras, the dizziness the sensitivity to smell and it makes finding a hormone replacement that works with vm very challenging. I’m currently holding steady on a moderate dose of estrogen with sequential progesterone but it’s not ideal. I’m looking forward to hearing what has worked for others that struggle with hormones & vm.xx

1 Like