Nortriptyline for Vestibular Migraine

Could anyone tell me if this has worked only I’m at nearly 4 months then had another vertigo stack and have felt I’ll for days iv got up to 30 not sure if the tablets are to low or high as I felt ok at 25 still rocking swaying bad balance been really down as iv not had a bad stack for a while and feel I’m going back to the start should I try something else or have I not have it enough time

Hello Twisler

We cannot tell you exactly whether it is working from the information given. Sorry. No drug will stop every symptom or every attack for ever. The drugs are meant to reduce symptoms and give better quality of life. However Four months should be long enough to see some results. You think it has stopped the main attacks yes? Good. It may help more as time passed but you are on a low dose still so please ask your doctor if you should increase it again. That may help. Vestibular Migraine takes a long time many months and perhaps even years to settle down even with the help of drugs.

Each time you increase the dose you may feel worse for several weeks. If that continues sometimes it is better to drop back to the previous dose again and wait until you feel better again then try to increase a second time. Sometimes people find they cannot tolerate the higher dose at all ever so they have to stay on the lower one or add in a second drug and/or to a different one completely. Best to talk with your doctor.

Thankyou will speak to ent on Tuesday about dosage this forum has also taught me a lot about things I didn’t no about vesbiler migraines and I enjoy reading recovery stories which gives hope and I no I’m not the only one suffering I wouldn’t of thought something could cause such an impact on people’s lives and I no I have really down days but there’s lots of positive people on here to help glad I found some help here😁

1 Like

Just read your original post saying how the Nortriptyline had got you out of bed. That’s good. Try to stay on it if you can. Adjust the dose if doctor agrees. Then stay patient and wait it out. Don’t let anxiety win out. Tell yourself the drug is helping and different symptoms are just the condition changing which it often does and keep telling yourself that until you believe it. If the first drug you tried has given that much improvement you have been very lucky and time will help make it all seem much easier. Good luck.

Thankyou will keep trying :grin: