Obstructive Sleep Apnea

Hi Everyone,

I was recently diagnosed with Obstructive Sleep Apnea and even though i did not sleep much…mostly dozed off because there were so many wires hooked up to me which was uncomfortable and i generally don’t sleep soundly if i’m not in my own bed but the doctors received enough info to believe i have this. I will have to redo this sleeping test so they can receive more information and i will take a small amount of sleep medication prior to the test. What i understand is Sleep Apnea could be playing a direct or indirect role with my MAV. If the sleep apnea could be improved then possibly the MAV symptoms might decrease.??

Has anyone here been diagnosed with Sleep Apnea and have you heard that it can play a role with bringing on MAV symptoms?

Thanks,

Joe

Hi Joe,

As many of us can attest based on our personal experiences, poor sleep quality can be a migraine trigger so I would think there would be a possibility for symptom improvement if the sleep apnea were addressed.

Marci

Hi Joe,

Did you Google this? This looks interesting:

headacheandmigrainenews.com/slee … -migraine/

Scott :slight_smile:

Thank You Scott for this article. Sure makes alot of sense. My brain always feels so tired and strained…it could very well be that i’m not getting sufficent oxygen to the brain. I will keep you posted when i have the next appointment.

Thanks again…Joe