Perilymph Fistula? - really in a bad place

Hi @beeliret,

So sorry my love, this is a pretty dreadful injury to experience and deal with.

Actually, there are a few relevant posts on here in relation to “Perilymph Fistula”.

However, please bear in mind that your issues might no longer be to do with such an injury and be due to the aftermath of minor physical trauma, possibly even Secondary Hydrops. There may also be issues caused by neurological feedback loops as the brain tries to recalibrate which itself can cause instability to perception. Add on the stress and anxiety of it all which pours petrol on a fire.

Know this: it will settle down and get better, never forget that!

It’s very hard to diagnose and please don’t self diagnose.

In any case the modern treatment for PLF is often to wait it out and treat the symptoms.

Some doctors don’t believe they even exist and symptoms are explained by trauma induced Hydrops instead.

It’s tempting to consider a quick surgical solution but imho that’s not the best long term fix. It’s almost certainly better to let things settle down by themselves and treat the symptoms in the mean time.

I believe the surgical solutions are very controversial as there is rarely proof there was ever a leak.

My story is quite relevant: https://mvertigo.org/t/my-journey-to-hell-and-almost-back/12548?u=turnitaround

Also read this TO THE END: I've had it guys ... I'm going to look into Perilymph Fistula (PLF) surgery

You might also however read Tina’s successful story: Secondary Hydrops, PLF and my 3rd PLF Repair - #30 by dizzylife

And also this one: Another perspective, but so close to the 'MAV' experience (PLF/Hydrops?)

But be wary, not all such procedures go well: Finally got my diagnosis... NOT MAV! PLF - #21 by D75

So consider the significant risk (especially to your hearing) of doing this procedure and unfortunately you may have to put up with significant symptoms for a good while (possibly even a few years) whilst you take some medication to prevent migraines and reduce the dizziness and impacts to vision.

The long-term prognosis is usually very good, but you have to deal with the rubbish in the meantime, and it is rubbish!