Secondary Hydrops, PLF and my 3rd PLF Repair

Good morning!

I’ve had 3 repair surgeries with the fabulous team at UCLH Royal Nose Throat and Ear Hospital at Grays Inn Road. 2 with the lovely Mr Kahlil and the last with the fabulous Prof Saeed who runs the entire department and who recruited and trained Mr Kahlil. What these 2 guys don’t know about PLFs isn’t worth knowing. All the staff there are wonderful, the nurses on the wards are so caring pre and post ops and Mr Kahlil and Prof Saeed’s secretary is so lovely I bought her chocolates to say thank you for all her help. Prof Saeed could see how badly the PLF was affecting my life and he said he wouldn’t quit with treatments until he fixed it, one way or another and that was just what I needed to hear after 4 years of torture with it.

There is a long wait to see them (although Prof Saeed does have a private list out of Harley Street) but it is worth it. @turnitaround has also seen Prof Saeed. You will need a referral from a local ENT to see them on the NHS. Yes I have lost hearing in that ear but they warned me I could and it is a price worth paying, at least it is for me obviously everyone has to make their own choice about that. @turnitaround said hearing can sometimes return, so hopefully it will, if not I have another ear! I haven’t seen your post @T_T but if you are in the UK and struggling with a PLF then this team in London is the place to be, I wish I’d found them sooner. I hope they help, please let me know how you get on and I wish you relief from PLFs very soon.

1 Like