Pizotofen - 6 weeks in upped dose and I'm worse?!

I was dx in feb and started taking Pizotofen 0.5mg for 6 weeks. There was no huge benefit although I was a bit better through the day and if I had a good sleep was better on an evening. Have since had 3 doses of 1mg and am feeling worse with the dizzies, plus its coming again with diarrhoea and felling sick. Do I have to get worse to get better? Is there light at the end of this woozy tunnel? Thanks x

Yes I found that each increase made me feel worse dizzy wise. It settled after few days and I even managed to get up to 1.5 mg and still take it. Can’t say it brought any unwanted side effects like diarrhoea or nausea, but then I always go to bed within the hour of taking it to get the full sleepy effect from it :smiley: otherwise I can’t drop off to sleep if I leave it longer than that.

Persevere a bit longer, it may just help with your dizziness longterm

Lots of luck
Angela

Thanks for that Angela, most reassuring. Hope it really helping you now x

— Begin quote from “angdunc”

Yes I found that each increase made me feel worse dizzy wise. It settled after few days and I even managed to get up to 1.5 mg and still take it. Can’t say it brought any unwanted side effects like diarrhoea or nausea, but then I always go to bed within the hour of taking it to get the full sleepy effect from it :smiley: otherwise I can’t drop off to sleep if I leave it longer than that.

Persevere a bit longer, it may just help with your dizziness longterm

Lots of luck
Angela

— End quote

I am on 2.5mg and have no ill effects whatsover. In fact I am enjoying sleeping better. It has taken the edge off the dizziness a little and I am thinking of asking if I can go higher. Don’t know if anyone has experience of this.

For what it’s worth, I know of a couple of people who felt significantly worse with each increase who then went on to feel way way better, so maybe it shows that it is going to do something positive soon. Hope so!

— Begin quote from “Nubs”

I am on 2.5mg and have no ill effects whatsover. In fact I am enjoying sleeping better. It has taken the edge off the dizziness a little and I am thinking of asking if I can go higher. Don’t know if anyone has experience of this.

For what it’s worth, I know of a couple of people who felt significantly worse with each increase who then went on to feel way way better, so maybe it shows that it is going to do something positive soon. Hope so!

— End quote

Thanks that’s good to know hopefully its the storm before the calm!

Hi FurryClure,
I was on Pizotofen, and it really worked for me. I started on 1 tab, got up to 8 at one stage then started Topamax so my Neurologist brought me down to 5 tabs. I found taking them at night was best for me, helped me sleep too. The lower doses still gave the dizzies every now and again, it wasn’t until I got up to 5 tabs that I was “stable” (I use that word loosely!!). Good luck with it! :slight_smile: