PPPD epidemic about to hit the UK

@Louna_Lou you will find the Robert Virag article interesting. I imagine it’s typical PPPD.

Yes it’s interesting thank you for taking your time :slight_smile:
Unfortunately it’s still the same, he took SSRI and then started to feel better…

1 Like

Might I suggest you read the paper by Matthew Whalley mentioned above. There is a link to it from here. He suggests migraineurs with PPPD are a special case and that the migraine must be treated first before tackling the PPPD element. Might call for a change in medication?

3 Likes

@ak90, can you relate to the Robert Virag in the link near the top of this post? It was from here I started an interest in PPPD.

Strange how things can change with hindsight but I have just gone back and reread the Robert Virag piece or maybe I never really read it in the first place. Too long ago to really be sure now. Somehow I was thinking of PPPD as the aftermath, at a suitable time distance of a long suffering MAVer who then developed a few anxiety traits possibly at the thought of it all coming back now it’s gone which is probably why I thought of it as MAV with knobs on but I just read the symptoms list quoted ‘swaying, on a boat’, extreme tiredness, cotton wool feeling in head, difficulty concentrating, insomnia, leg weakness, burning and numbness in the face, neck pain, floating sensation and disconnected from the world’. Comparing them to mine cos I know them the best, not typical MAV symptoms. My dizziness was rotary. I was going around and around to the right. Yes cotton wool feeling equals Brain Fog and neck pain but the rest no. Where’s the head and ear pressure, light sensitivity, visual vertigo. Indeed the symptoms we would normally associate with migraine. Of course it’s possible there’s two versions one ex MAVers and another the pure PPPDers who came to PPPD by some other root. Though going at that rate it won’t be long before there’s a different condition for each and every vestibular condition sufferer. I really don’t know.

Yeah, I can relate to a lot of those symptoms. Sounds like in his case it was a mixture of VN/PPPD or VM/PPPD. If it’s of any help my key symptoms are:
• Dizziness
• Eyes feel “strained” / blurry
• Unsteadiness / swaying
• Brain fog
• Feet – numbness, tingling, pins & needles (correlated with dizziness i.e. the worse my dizziness is, the more my feet tingle)

When I’m not dizzy, none of the above occur.

1 Like

Also just to add, I believe the vestibular system is one of the most fragile parts of the human body so its understandable that it takes years for it to properly heal.

2 Likes

It’s certainly the most complex by virtue of the fact its working includes pretty much all the rest of it.

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: PPPD - what’s the consensus here?