Rhinitis

Apparently the ophthalmic branch of the trigeminal nerve (orbit, forehead, anterior half of the skull).

1 Like

Hello Erik
Thanks for that information.
I was diagnosed with Left Sided Trigeminal Neuralgia in the 1st branch. So around eye socket side of nose and down into my cheek. Currently the Botox injections and Venlafaxine seen to help but i still have some really painfull days. I am going to read up on that device out of curiosity. Trust me to get the double whammy…tn & mav!!!
Many thanks
Jo

2 Likes

I was seen at the Royal ENT hospital a few months ago in their allergy clinic. I have allergies and they looked up my nose too. I was diagnosed with rhinitis, but the consultant said this would not account for my dizziness. I’ll start taking the steroid nasal spray she prescribed though, but don’t expect much in the way of reduced dizzies.

1 Like

What treats this rhinitis? I’m struggling with breathing difficulties at the moment

Might be worth a try. Helen

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/non-allergic-rhinitis/treatment/

@anon96534049 vasomotor rhinitis is difficult to treat, according to my allergist. Steroid based nasal sprays can help, she told me. For me, Dymista works better than flonase (which makes me worse for some reason). It’s tempting to use decongestant nasal sprays, as they do work well. But if you use them more than a few days, you will get a nasty, chronic rebound congestion, which is also considered a form of non allergic or vasomotor rhinitis. So if you are using those, you need to stop and suffer for awhile until it goes away.
As I mentioned, Buchholz (Heal your Headache) says vasomotor rhinitis is a manifestation of migraine. I think that could be true, if no other cause can be found. Environmental triggers can cause it- like cigarette smoke, chemicals. Also, I do know of one person who had a horrible time with this and could not find a cause. Turns out, it was nasal polyps; she had surgery and was cured. Not sure why it took 2 ENTs to find them- maybe they did not show on her imaging. But just mentioning in case it could be a possibility. Do you happen to have asthma? There is some link between asthma, polyps, and salicylate (aspirin) sensitivity. I don’t have asthma, but was tested for this sensitivity due to my congestion, and some other reasons.

1 Like

Sorry for late response. I don’t have asthma. I’m seeying an ENT Tuesday.im still completely blocked in both nostrils, struggle to breathe and I’m breathless, also my nose feels very dry, like there is no mucus in there,just horribly dry

1 Like