The Migraine Associated Vertigo Community
Read our welcome post, user support wiki & visit our member recommended products page

Soy milk?

I’ve been following the migraine diet pretty closely, but after a recent trip to my allergist I’m supposed to eliminate all dairy from my diet. Does anyone know if Soy milk is a common trigger food item? I can’t find my book (or should I say migraine bible)!
Sarah

Hi Sarah,

Have a look at this thread … maybe something here to help:

http://mvertigo.cloudapp.net/t/is-soya-a-trigger/1337

Scott

Soy is a significant trigger for me.

Thanks Scott,
I did actually read that post, but was looking for something a little different. The Soy milk I bought was Silk Light. It is MSG free, however, I noticed I was not feeling great a couple hours after consuming it. I just wondered if it was a common trigger for most… I guess that is the thing about MAV. What is “common” for one is not common for all! I’m actually thinking about trying it again tomorrow. If I can’t have dairy and I can’t have soy that leaves me with rice milk. Has anyone tried and liked it? What about the lactose free milk? I’m looking for something similar the skim milk.
Sarah

MSDXD–Do you avoid anything that has soy as a byproduct in it?

Hi,

I have soy milk everyday and I’m fine with it. Rice milk is pretty good too, but I prefer soy.

Emma

1 Like

Soy milk is apparently the nearest to cows milk in terms of protein etc (must be correct it was on the BBC!) however would it be a trigger? Just thought to mention it. Personally I’ve never even tried to quit dairy although I’ve had other things many times as a result of working with vegetarians and people with allergies. Love Soya Milk Custard. Yum.

Here here Helen! For me Soy Milk is far more palatable than other dairy free alternatives :mask: it doesn’t seem a trigger for me either so I’d give it a go @sasad :+1:t3:

1 Like