Started Pizofiten & now very depressed. HELP!

Hello again Everyone,

I posted on here a few days ago as I started Pizofiten 0.025mgs daily 6 days ago & the side-effects have progressively gotten worse & now I find myself in the midst of a dreadful depression.

I am already on Zoloft 50mgs for mild depression. I am feeling totally paralysed, disconnected & detached from everything.

I am on leave from my job to see if I can stick with the Pizofiten & titrate it up to 5mg daily, so 6 times the amount I’m on now. Think I’d be dead on 6 times this amount!!!

I know that the side-effects are supposed to ease off after time.

Has anyone else experienced severe depression on Pizofiten? If so, did it eventually subside?

Thanks guys!

Amanda

Don’t mean to put you off but since u asked yes in my case I was severely depressed on the piz n had to come off it within 4 weeks. However there are many peoplee who have benefited from it and its the first drug given for MAV by many neurologists in australia. Plus 4 weeks was not a fair trial so I think u r doing the right thing by tolerateing the side effects n hopefully it will go away.

Thanks so much @nabeel - sorry to hear that you only lasted 4 weeks because of the depression… I tried it once before, but started on 1 tablet daily (I’m doing half a tablet daily at the moment) but came off it after only a few days as I couldn’t function at work. I now have the time off work to give it a good go. Guess I’ll never know if I don’t try it, but it’s really really challenging! xx

Good Luck dizzymanda

I am on cymbalta now which has helped heaps with the depression part

Now I have to find a second med that will work on the MAV

fingers crossed!!!

I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you nabeel. Let us know how you go. xx Amanda