The rocking is back

Well after dumping Nort because I felt I was not getting any results, the rocking/unsteadiness has been slowly creeping its way back. During my Nort trial all I was focused on was the terrible daily headaches, not paying attention to the other MAV symptoms. I assumed that the lack of rocking was due to trigger avoidance or maybe it was just naturally settling down. Now that I feel it returning I’m guessing that the Nort was helping after all with that symptom. I’m wondering if I should give it a second try but perhaps add something like lyrica for the daily pain. I will ask my Neuro if he has combined the two.

Thanks,
Steve

I too, didn’t realize how much the nort was helping until I went off it. I am now back on and feel well. Good luck to you :slight_smile:

Yeah, I guess I will give Nort another try because I fear a drop attack may occur any day now. The last one I had was while I was driving and it was pretty scary.
I hope the Nort settles down my rocking and I will search for something to help me with my headaches. I don’t want to head down the road of taking percs for the pain like someone I know.

steve,

Are you getting constant headaches as a side effect from the Nort? So far, from my experiences, every med that ever helped me with my dizziness/balance always gave me a constant nasty headache. Long story short, I discovered that the constant headache was a result of tooth grinding/clenching. I did find some help from the headaches by taking clonazepam at bedtime. It is not something I would recommend as I suffered from a low level of depression from the clonazepam.

Hi Brian,

Lately I have been getting constant headches before and and after I trialed Nort. The headaches were the the main reason I decided to try it. After I stopped I could have sworn the rocking started to get worse so I have decided to give it another try and see what happens. I have a Neuro appointment in a couple of weeks and I am going to ask him if I can combine Nort with an anti-convulsant such as Topamax,Lyrica,or Zonegran. I have been spending a lot of time on a headache website lately and seems like many are getting success from those meds. Botox has aslo seemed to help many so that is something else I will be trying next month. Intesting you mention the teeth grinding because my dentist made me a mouth gaurd for grinding but I hate wearing it. I’m going to try again since you reminded me about the headache/grinding relationship.

Thanks,
Steve

Steve,

My understanding is that botox only helps severe head pain. Are you familiar with any success stories of botox and MAV symptoms (i.e., dizziness).

Thanks,
Lisa

Hi Lisa,

I am not aware of botox being helpful for MAV symptoms such as dizziness. The reason that I am looking into it is because of the terrible headaches I have been suffering with for the past couple of years. The headaches have basically consumed my life lately. If it helps brings my headaches down I am hoping that I can focus on solving the dizziness through VRT, exercise, or trialing different meds. So far I have tried Nort and Propraponal.

Thanks,
Steve

Steve,

Thank you very much for responding. I hope your headaches resolve soon. I also suffer from awful head pain, which seems to have gotten much better on 30mg nortriptyline; however, I am still waiting for the dizziness (my very debilitating sx) to resolve. Will likely be raising the dose soon.

Lisa

Hi Lisa,

Good luck on the Nort, hopefully you keep getting good results with it. I’m thinking of giving it another try, yesterday when I tried getting a renewal at the pharmacy they told me I didn’t have a prescription for it which I thought was odd because I knew I did. I guess my Neuro cancelled it when I asked for the beta blocker. I guess I will talk to him about it at my next appointment.

Thanks,
Steve