Timolol eye drops

My sister just tried Timolol eye drops for abortive treatment for her migraine headaches - game changer. Worked as well as Ativan. Her dizziness hasn’t been as prominent as of late, more the headaches. Her migraine just disappeared, has been good all day. From what I read, those it works for it works really well. Just an FYI if it might help anyone to try

1 Like

I saw Dr. Beh a few months ago to see if I could improve from 90% or so and he suggested and prescribed Timolol. It works really well when I catch symptoms early enough.

1 Like

I’ve been following the dizzy cook and she and dr. beh swear by this I think I will switch to it after I try my round of ami, which I’m currently on. I mentioned using timolol to my neurologist and he’d never heard of it… I’m thinking maybe use it as a preventative measure for later on. Have any of you used it in your early stages

I use timolol eye drops. It made a significant difference in my eye and forehead pain. That along with starting the diet helped, but I am still trying to figure out the rest. Most of the Neurologists I saw knew nothing about it either at first.

1 Like

Thanks … that’s a medication to treat ocular hypertension (glaucoma)?

It’s a Beta Blocker … but not a big one on here.

1 Like

Yes, it is another beta blocker and not widely used for migraine but Dr. Beh speaks a bit about it and likes to prescribe it. I also learned of it from the Dizzy Cook and asked for it as it has a low side effect profile from my review. I have read about it on this site somewhere along the way, too, I believe!

1 Like