Tingling in hand and arms

Has anyone else experienced prolonged tingling in their extremities with MAV? I’m wondering if this issue, which started last week, is related to the condition or if it could be coming from the neck work I had done with acupuncture, which I tried recently. It’s driving me batty to have this pins and needles feeling and I can’t help but get caught up in thinking that it’s just one more crappy thing that comes with this now.

Yes. I have had constant tingling in my hands and forearms since January 2008, after going through an ENG test. Initially, I had tingling in my face around my mouth and lips, but that has pretty much subsided. The tingling in my arms and hands is on the outside half (pinky-finger side), which is opposite of what someone with carpel tunnel would experience. Some meds can trigger this symptom as can other conditions. Topamax worsened it for me when I was on it, but it went back to baseline after I went off the med.

Marci: is it every day? Have you had it all along with Mav or did it start up later?

Every day, all day. I’m pretty used to it now, but it was annoying in the beginning. It started about three months into the MAV craziness. My 24/7 MAV symptoms started in October 2007. The tingling started in January 2008 after a horrible experience with an ENG, where they blew hot and cold air into each of my ears and made me horrible dizzy and sick.

Ugh, yes. I had the horrid ENG as well. One of the worst days of my life. I am truly hoping this tinglig subsides though, it seems to come on mid-day with being at the computer.

Do you feel it in your thumb and pointer finger?

Not specifically no. It’s more like from my forearm to the top of my hands.

I experienced the tingling in my left arm and hand for about 5 months. After taking Nortriptyline for 8 weeks it subsided for me for the most part. I am no longer taking that medication, and it is now very infrequent.
sarah

— Begin quote from "adrir"

Not specifically no. It’s more like from my forearm to the top of my hands.

— End quote

I guess a better question is do you feel the tingling in your little finger? I wonder if carpel tunnel could play a role in your case since you mentioned it usually starts after being at the computer for a while. According to my doctor and the little bit of online research I’ve done online, carpel tunnel is often most noticable on the thumb side.

Here are classic symptoms of carpel tunnel.

• Tingling or numbness in your fingers or hand, especially your thumb and index, middle or ring fingers, but not your little finger. This sensation often occurs while holding a steering wheel, phone or newspaper or upon awakening. Many people “shake out” their hands to try to relieve their symptoms. As the disorder progresses, the numb feeling may become constant.

• Pain radiating or extending from your wrist up your arm to your shoulder or down into your palm or fingers, especially after forceful or repetitive use. This usually occurs on the palm side of your forearm.

• A sense of weakness in your hands and a tendency to drop objects.

If you feel it in your little finger, then it is probably just another migraine symptom. I feel it the strongest on the palm of my hand just under my little finger and ring finger. It radiates from the tip of those two fingers to my elbow.

Yes, I feel it in my little finger (not thumb), similar to how you described. :