Upcoming appt with Dr Surentherin.. Advice please?

Hi all

I need some advice and I’m hoping someone here can help x
I have arranged a private appt with Dr Surentherin in 2 weeks time however I have recently started on nortriptyline (2weeks ago) and I’m wondering if I go to the appt with him will he likely say that I haven’t given the nort a good enough trial and that I would have to try it for longer before we know if it’s working r not… I’m wondering would I be better to defer the appt until mid November when I’d be on the for nort 2months…??
I don’t want to waste the appt when I might benefit more from the appt if I wait and go a bit later…
Hope that makes sense

Hi Woody,

I know where you are coming from. What are the pros and cons of delaying the appointment? Well, the pro is that is if the Nort does work, you’d be going to Dr. S with additional data in your hand (i.e., the Nort is working) as opposed to not yet knowing if you go in two weeks. What happens if the Nort doesn’t work, though? Then you’d be delaying yourself from starting to get help from him by 2 months.

I’d say go for it sooner than later so you establish the contact. If the Nort. helps, great - plus Dr. S would give you other helpful advice as well, presumably. If it doesn’t work, then he can prescribe something to you over the phone and you don’t have to wait for two months for the new script.

Just my thoughts. Get well soon :slight_smile:

Hi fussyfussy

Thanks for your reply… I was focused in the medication side of things and forgot that he will be able to help me in other ways so thanks for reminding me of that… Also I didn’t realise that he would be able to prescribe over the phone…
I’m still undecided, one minute I think it’s best to still go in 2 weeks and the next I think I should reschedule as I would have more info for him on weather the nort is working r not at a later date…!!
I better decide soon r I’m sure they won’t be impressed at cancelling an appt so close to d date…!!!

Thanks again x

Hi fussyfussy,

Just noticed you mention here in this reply to Woody about Dr.S prescribing over the phone. Does he make himself readily available to speak over the phone then? Just wondering as I’m considering going to see him too.

Thanks (again!)
Vix

Hi Vix.

I’m not a patient of Dr. S., so can’t answer for a fact. I was saying that based on what his pts have said on his forum. My understanding is that he’s not personally available over the phone, but his secretary takes the questions for him and speak with the pts instead.

An actual pt of his can chime in, perhaps?