Valsalva Maneuver-plug you up more?

have any of you tried to use the Valsalva Maneuver (plugging your nose and pushing out) to try and pop your ear? I know in the begning of all this my ear always feels plugged and i kept doing this with no avail. This never works for me and only makes me dizzy again and plugs my ears up. Does this also happen to any of you?

I ask bc i know it is related to fisutlas and SCDS (superior canal dehiscence syndrome). But I wonder about VM as well.

Yes I have tried doing this before, it just makes my ears feel even more clogged and sort of hurt too. If you have tried it before gently and it didn’t work, don’t do it any harder- you can hurt yourself if you use too much force doing that.

— Begin quote from “sarahd”

Yes I have tried doing this before, it just makes my ears feel even more clogged and sort of hurt too. If you have tried it before gently and it didn’t work, don’t do it any harder- you can hurt yourself if you use too much force doing that.

— End quote

I think i have hurt my ear from doing it too hard. I wonder if that is why I have such crazy ear symptoms in the right ear. I use to do it really hard, not knowing it was bad. So hard it would make me spin. Now it just cloggs me up and makes life worse. ugh. you are so great sarahd, you always respond to my posts. :slight_smile: thank you.

lol i am kind of an mvertigo addict- there must be a rehab for that??? yea its weird bc i have had 2 ent’s recommend doing the valsalva, but from what i have read online, you can do inner ear damage if you blow too hard- drs. never mention that part! If you had done damage to your ear, I think you would get intense vertigo (different from what you get now), and/or hearing loss. Just to share with you, I tried to do a type of valsalva maneuver (it is a complicated story), and something happened in my inner ear (no one really knows what), and a few months after that, my MAV began- so yea- i wouldn’t recommend popping your ears :frowning:

That really sucks about your friends- that must be really hard- what do they say to you about the MAV thing? It sounds like you haven’t had this for very long, so it is pretty crazy that they are letting you down like this already. It really shows you who the real friends are :frowning:

— Begin quote from “sarahd”

lol i am kind of an mvertigo addict- there must be a rehab for that??? yea its weird bc i have had 2 ent’s recommend doing the valsalva, but from what i have read online, you can do inner ear damage if you blow too hard- drs. never mention that part! If you had done damage to your ear, I think you would get intense vertigo (different from what you get now), and/or hearing loss. Just to share with you, I tried to do a type of valsalva maneuver (it is a complicated story), and something happened in my inner ear (no one really knows what), and a few months after that, my MAV began- so yea- i wouldn’t recommend popping your ears :frowning:

That really sucks about your friends- that must be really hard- what do they say to you about the MAV thing? It sounds like you haven’t had this for very long, so it is pretty crazy that they are letting you down like this already. It really shows you who the real friends are :frowning:

— End quote

yes the valsava thing makes my MAV all come back, which makes me question MAV. i dont know why the hell i did it again. Doctors differ on that. My current doctor said DO NOT do it. I really think its way my MAV all the sudden all came back, hopefully it will dissipate soon.

My friends dont understand this issue and think i am being a baby. And since i had been litteraly counch bound for 2.5 months they all decided it would be a good time to talk bad about me (like highschool girls) and have all now decided they hate me. They call me yelling and texting me horrible things. its been really hard with the anxiety which i am alredy dealing a great deal with bc of all this.

I just hope i feel better again. I feel like i can feel every little thing that goes wrong with me now and i worry about it non stop. I have only had this for about 3 months.

i feel like i have a headache every day. i am just sad some days. i hope summer bring a better mood with it.

Sorry for asking, did it get better ? because I did the same by blowing very hard and now me left ear hurts a bit and it feels clogged, I’m really afraid!

Mehmet, give it time, it should go away on its own. Don’t do it again any time soon.
Best