Vestibular migraine – Handbook of Clinical Neurology

Hi All,

This chapter appears in a 2011 volume of the Handbook of Clinical Neurology. Chapter 62 summarises all that is currently known about migraine-vertigo/vestibular migraine.

There are many great articles I’ll be posting on other aspects of migraine here such as current pharmacology and new avenues of research.

“Migraine-vertigo/vestibular migraine is the most common cause of spontaneous, recurrent vertigo in adults.”

Scott 8)

Scott this is great - thanks for all the time you put into posting this stuff for us

Gawd that’s a read. Anything know if there are exciting and different options in Reploeg & Goebel’s 2002 paper on characteristics and treatments in Otology-Neurotology? The names don’t sound familiar.

Thanks for all your hard work Scott.
I’ll be taking this to my Dr, he’s interested in finding out more about my illness.
P:S
My aura’s last for over an hour, it’s like I’mm almost always in a state of aura.
in fact I have persistant aura, a yellow and blueish mesh over my vision, it makes my vision double.
spooky!
jen

I read a lot of that pdf but i didn’t see mention of MAV and 24x7 symptoms. It always seemed to say MAV was episodic. I know myself (and others on here) have a working diagnosis of MAV and suffer from 24x7 symptoms. I wonder why they neglected to mention that in that doc (maybe I missed it).

Hi Guys,

I’m resurrecting this post for a while for you guys who really want to get into the more hard core reading on this. The link was lost and I couldn’t find the paper until now.