Vestibular Migraine Survival Guide 2014

What dosage do you take? I got some sublingual b12 from the store (5,000mcg pills was their max) as that’s easier than going to doctor’s for a shot though I’m open to it. I don’t have a depleted level of b12 I’m just trying to find something to help with the fatigue.

Hello @ni_sm, that user (Marka) posted in 2010. It’s not likely that he’s still here on this forum. People seem to stay a couple of years, or until they get better, then they move on.

Someone else may be able to answer your question, though, so it never hurts to ask!

Anyone try Niacinamide 500mg? I had a very good doctor just tell me to try it. Supposedly gets rid of the anxiety and brain fog naturally.

This Vestibular Migraine Survival Guide is amazing! What an impressive, useful and thorough piece of work. Thankyou soooo much!

:sob: I’ve gone off coffee but I found Twinings Extra Strength tea which is probably just as bad… I thoroughly endorse Vitamin B2 and magnesium. I think they helped me enormously

3 Likes

That was a pretty crazy and non-sensical thing to do. Eliminate Caffeine!! :tea: :gun:

Please look at the large range of decaffeinated tea and drinks we have in the recommended products section.

There’s a table here showing the relative caffeine levels in different drinks.

1 Like

Wow, this is amazing! Thank you for taking the time to type and share all that useful info with us all! :+1:

1 Like

Agree it is a fantastic read. That is why i think a link to this guide should be added to the Welcome Wiki so all newbies can benefit from it.

2 Likes

Funny you should mention that, I added a link earlier today :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hehe … yes! pushing the boundaries with a cup of tea. I live so dangerously these days :slight_smile: But I did have a look at the range of decaf teas you gave me the link to (thankyou) and I have tried quite a few of them. Except for Rooibos (and Peppermint I suppose) most of them have such a mild taste I may as well be drinking hot water. I contacted Twinings and asked exactly how much caffeine was in their Extra Strength tea and after a fob off and another go at it I finally got a decent answer. “Our English Breakfast and Extra Strong English Breakfast contain the same levels of caffeine. This equates to 50mg of caffeine per 200ml of brewed tea. Our Extra Strong English Breakfast does not contain tea leaves that carry extra caffeine, the blend is simply made up of stronger tasting black teas.” So that was good news. I really thought it had double the caffeine the way it tastes. I’m carefully monitoring what I can allow myself, believe me. I haven’t had a serious vertigo attack since Nov 2016 and there’s been quite a few cups of caffeinated tea under the bridge since then. I absolutely steer clear of proper coffee or alcohol though. Sometimes I’ve wondered if its something else in the coffee that upsets me and maybe not the caffeine at all. When I used to get bad migraines, cups of tea and proper coffee were helpful.

1 Like

That’s the caffeine. Many general drugs like those for flu.cold remedies have added on caffeine to help with absorption. All designed to add to the confusion! Helen

Thank you, exactly what I needed for clarification and peace of mind. I’ve been searching for these words for so long :blush::pray:

2 Likes

This seems like lost knowledge on this site. guess i need to give up caffeine completely – glad i found this :slight_smile:

1 Like

Try it, but I’d be wary of thinking that it’s a silver bullet. I didn’t notice any change personally whether I had one cup or none. My oto-neurologist only recommended limiting to one cup of coffee a day and this was mainly to limit tinnitus.