welcome | friendly doormat | Chris | Flickr
Welcome to mvertigo.org!
This is a support forum primarily for sufferers of Migraine Associated Vertigo (MAV) and Vestibular Migraine (VM), Persistent Postural Perceptual Dizziness (PPPD) & Secondary Hydrops (SEH) - essentially anyone who is suffering chronic dizziness and/or imbalance potentially with migraines, though we warmly welcome those suffering from other inner ear and vestibular conditions.
On one level, sorry you are here, because we know just how awful, and sometimes how life-changing these conditions can be, but we are also glad you are here, because although we can’t instantly change your circumstances, we believe we can help make things easier for you, help you find the right treatment, lower your anxiety, learn more about your condition and hold your hand towards recovery. You can talk to fellow sufferers, always find someone understanding and know that you are not alone.
One of the great benefits you can enjoy on this forum is: anonymity. You can use an existing popular Social Media login to login to your mvertigo account but I strongly recommend that you create an independent, anonymous account to enhance your privacy with neither a username nor name that could easily identify you. Another benefit to the broader community of not using Facebook is that if you post helpful information on here it can be found on search engines unlike Facebook which is a closed system.
Feel free to browse the forum and get involved in discussion straightaway, but it would be great if you could read the FAQ first. Consider introducing yourself and your situation in the ‘New here …’ Category. But first, you might like to take a look at the following wiki posts and Categories that may answer some common questions you may have:
- Symptoms common to MAV & VM
- Treatment overview:
- Medical and Vestibular Testing
- Migraine Triggers
- Types of Specialists
- Success stories and postive posts!
- One of the Founders wrote this extremely useful Survival Guide for VM back in 2014.
- Some Q&A about VM with some leading neurologists.
- Some useful condition-conquering Pro-Tips we learned along the way!
- Most active posts of all time!
- Key websites and online resources
- Member Recommended Products
- Other Reading
- Research Papers, Clinical Studies, together with our member discussions around theories and controversies surrounding these conditions. - currently locked to Trust Level 2 and above.
- Other Support Groups
(NB these posts will evolve over time, so do check back for new content).
Finally, please take part in our User Polls!
NB The wiki pages are for information & education only, always seek a definitive diagnosis and prescribed treatment from your qualified health practitioner.