Looking for some advice on vestibular migraine medication that doesn’t increase pre-existing tinnitus, as it seems all the ones I’ve tried take it from a 3/10 to a 8+/10 loudness.
- Venlafaxine (increase of tinnitus after a few days)
- Cymbalta (same problem)
- Lexapro (5 days later, tinnitus screaming)
- Amitriptyline (12 hours later, tinnitus bonkers)
- Verapamil (5 days later, although dizzy disequilibrium went away completely on day 5)
- Propranolol (2-3 days later, plus super low heart rate)
Quick history if anyone is curious:
- First migraine with Aura ever, middle of last year. Visual aura, slight vertigo (room spinning)
- Second migraine two weeks later. Third a week after that. Then a few months of no issues.
- Went for a walk November 2019, all of a sudden, very dizzy (not vertigo, more like self-movement generated disequilibrium).
- Apart from a few days here and there of relief, it’s been chronic dizziness (no vertigo) ever since.
- Improvement with regular daily exercise and the standard magnesium, butterbur, vit B etc.
My diagnosis was chronic vestibular migraine, maybe PPPD.
All advice/help is absolutely welcome. I’d love to get this puzzle figured out.