VM symptoms and immune system

I just wanted to check if anyone else has experienced a kind of inverse relationship between VM symptoms and how their immune system is functioning?

I have a history of chronic fatigue syndrome and getting frequent flu-like infections, which recently always seem to include a feeling that I’m fighting something where my sinuses meet my throat, like maybe its slight sinusitis causing the chills, aches, fatigue etc

But the weird thing is that when my immune system seems to be functioning better and I’m infection free, my VM symptoms seem worse. And when I feel like I’m fighting an infection, the VM symptoms actually improve. It’s a pattern I’ve noticed over a couple of years now.

Anyone have any similar experience or thoughts on why this might be the case?

Hi Dizzy

I don’t really know the answer to this question but I’ll just put this out there. I do think that when you’re distracted from the VM with something other than your usual symptoms like a virus or infection you tend to notice the new thing more so? I know this is true in my experience.

I had a bout of water infections recently and suddenly my VM seemed to have been improved? Literally the only reason I believe this to be the case is because of the distraction element of a new more bothersome issue.

What do you think?

1 Like

It hadn’t occurred to me but I suppose it is possible. Interesting. Will have to think about it!! Thanks for your reply :slightly_smiling_face:

Hey

Yeah I mean it’s just a thought but there could be something in that. The mind is a powerful thing but I do think that distraction helps in tons sometimes if you’re well enough Vm wise. I know this to be true as when I’m speaking on the phone during those times you’re house bound it helps me forget the angst for a while.

:heartpulse:

The mind is definitely much more powerful than we’re generally aware of for sure. A long time ago I had a big breakthrough with the chronic fatigue I was housebound with through doing an NLP type therapy. Thanks for reminding me about that fact!!

Excellent point made here. Something else occurs which demands our full attention and the V/M can tend (if we are lucky) to fade into the background. Another version of what many medics write that the more attention one pays to VM symptoms the worse they will seem.

2 Likes