Weather/seasonal changes

It’s that time of year when the weather can’t decide what it wants to do. Warm and sunny one day, chilly and rainy that very night. High and low pressure systems wreaking havoc on our bodies, especially in the migraine space.

This is when I get prolonged migraines and/or symptoms of migraines. Fall and spring are brutal. There’s been a low pressure system stationed over my state for days now and the suffering is real. Tremendous head and neck pain that travels. The fatigue, oh my goodness, the fatigue.

All the while I’m trying to force myself to keep up with working out, trying to eat healthy (when symptoms allow), and trying to keep my anxiety and stress in check.

For some reason though, my anxiety automatically kicks into high gear once I get any sort of symptom I fear will turn into a full blown attack that doesn’t cease, like now.

Can’t help but stress over my medication side effects, will I get them, will I not? Can I reach my neurologist in time to get a stronger med?

All because the weather shifted and I’m in shambles.

4 Likes

Yes, barometric changes trigger my VM episodes and have put me to bed for as long as three days before. I’m very fortunate to not suffer as bad as some folks on here and I count my lucky stars.

Nurtec has been a Godsend for me. When I feel a VM coming on, I take a Nurtec, go to bed to let it do its thing and a few hours later, I’m feeling much better.

Hurricane Polo’s remnants will be sweeping across the Southwest US the next few days dumping lots of water and bouncing the barometer all over the place. I’ve got my Nurtec ready and I’m prepaying that my fescue seed does not get washed away.