What helps you for the head pressure?

God I miss NSAIDs. In addition to medication overuse headaches, pay attention to your kidneys if youā€™re using NSAIDs a lot, though lower dose aspirin is better than most in that respect.

3 Likes

& pay attention to your stomach, my gastro swears up and down that my GERD and gastritis were caused by my (constant) use of ibuprofen before my endometriosis surgery

3 Likes

I very much doubt Iā€™ve taken more than 60 Aspirin and Paracetamol in my entire life to date so Iā€™m hardly an addict but thatā€™s what would bother me, the potential side effects. Itā€™s tempting since the neuro more or less suggested it to try Soluble Aspirin for the rear head pressure. Not because it is painful, but because of the apparent knock-on effect on my balance. Trouble is, itā€™s a slippery slope, If it worked, I might become tempted to keep repeating the experiment until it became a habit. And I donā€™t want that to happen. Helen

Then set guidelines. No more then a certain amount in any given day and week. Rescue drugs are regulated. Two per day no more than two days in any given week - that sort of thing.

1 Like

Endometriosis for me meant a steady diet of NSAIDS and in the months before surgery - codeine. My husband remembers that as my worst time. I think the surgical adhesions and MAV combo are worse, but maybe thatā€™s because Iā€™m essentially unmedicated and donā€™t resort to rescue meds unless Iā€™m actively vomiting, have major aura or the symptoms have pushed me back into bed for days. Or maybe itā€™s just living on narcotics means you donā€™t remember much. And that was a discrete period with an end.

Yoga helps me. I was a little hesitant at first to try it when I have bad head pressure flares, but it really takes the edge off for me.

1 Like

Is that tension headache? Ibuprofen may help and try meditating also.