Wheatgrass

So I got into this huge debate with a guy here at work over the health properties of wheatgrass. He thinks it can cure a whole host of disease. Yup, we’ve all heard this before. According to what I’ve been reading, you’d get more vitamins throwing broccoli into a blender.

However, as an experiment, I asked him to bring in a bottle and said I’d give it a go. He brought in 150 mL of this stuff from “Dr Wheatgrass”. It’s costing me 29 bucks. So then I looked at the ingredients and one of them is this stuff called Citrozine. Basically some sort of orange concentrate that you can clean a toilet bowl with. And guess what sets off a migraine for me? Citrus. My guess is that this stuff will induce and not prevent migraine headaches etc.

For those interested in my experiment, here it is:

http://www.drwheatgrass.com/dr-wheatgrass-products/supershots-150ml

Glycerol in there too. Not sure what sort of reaction that may set off.

I’m having a hit tomorrow morning.

Scott

As a ‘miracle food’ I thought wheatgrass was like, totally passe. Behind goji berries even. I’m sure it’s healthy and everything but why not just eat more vegetables? How is it proposed the wheatgrass will ‘cure’ your migraine brain?

Anyway - good luck with the experiement. According to the website it makes pigs put on weight like a mofo so you know, lay off the mud cake :wink:

that stuff gives me the worst heartburn! i burp it up all-day long! make sure to follow-up the shot of wheatgrass with a slice of an orange or something, well, not if citrus is a trigger…have something to down afterwards!

Maybe to avoid the heartburn I should just go for a wheatgrass enema! :lol:

Vic, wheatgrass has unknown properties that can cure a migraine brain. Science doesn’t prove everything you know. Geez, I wish you had a more open mind sometimes. :roll:

— Begin quote from “scott”

Maybe to avoid the heartburn I should just go for a wheatgrass enema! :lol:

Vic, wheatgrass has unknown properties that can cure a migraine brain. Science doesn’t prove everything you know. Geez, I wish you had a more open mind sometimes. :roll:

— End quote

Hmm. Wheatgrass enema. Might be a bit ouchy.

I’m guessing the unknown properties of wheatgrass are something to do with ‘toxins’ comma ‘elimination of’. BULLSHIT ALERT!

seems appropriate to post this link here - love the chart a and chart b examples

Go science go :lol:

— Begin quote from “lorcalon”

seems appropriate to post this link here - love the chart a and chart b examples

http://theness.com/neurologicablog/index.php/the-rise-and-fall-of-placebo-medicine/

Go science go :lol:

— End quote

Great read! Thanks for posting. :smiley:

Gabrielle, that’s great, thanks for posting.

Hey Scott, how come you’ve not posted today about being totally cured? Surely the wheatgrass has eliminated your toxins, and also re-aligned your chakkras by now?

— Begin quote from “beechleaf”

Surely the wheatgrass has eliminated your toxins, and also re-aligned your chakkras by now?

— End quote

I think he’s probably catching up on sleep after dancing naked in the moonlight to get maximum therapeutic effect

Could be dangerous, all that jigging around after a wheatgrass enema!

Wheatgrass!!! Sounds nasty. I think I’d rather drink a pint of my own piss!! :lol:

Greg

Greg, promise us you’ll report back after you’ve compared the two.

David,

Sorry, but I wasn’t able to finish the trial on either one. :lol:

Greg

I guess Michiganer doesn’t necessarily mean Meshugener.

Lorcalon, I’ve gotta say I’m a bit disappointed in that link. I’ve seen far funnier stuff in the dialogues on this blog, and so long as millions of people buy into alternative therapies, research is strongly warranted. “It didn’t prove out” is a lot more powerful than “Sounds improbable to me.”

My understanding is that CAM researchers did validate the protective properties of certain of the ayurvedic dietary recommendations–garlic, ginger, turmeric and I believe a few more.