Which Vitamin?

So which one shall i try first? :smiley:

Magnesium
Feverfew
Coenzyme Q10 (CoQ10)
Riboflavin
Butterbur (Petadolex)

I think i might try Butterburfirst. I just called the migraine action charity for advice on dosage and they said to take Butterbur (Petadolex / Petasin) 50 mg 3 times a day for 1 month and then drop it down to 50 mg twice a day after that.

petadolex.com/BuyNow.aspx

Hi there! :smiley:

I take them all!!

Magnesium is a must for me, and Butterbur/Feverfew combo I take from NOW Pharm helps with vision issues.

I’ve always felt better when I’ve taken lots of B complex, so it’s no surprise to me that Riboflavin is on this list.

And CoQ has clinical proof for helping migraines and other neruologial conditions.

So, now I am a pill popper :lol:

Good luck,

Kathleen

My local chemist informed me that Blackmores have just released REME-D for Migraine Headache

• the Active Ingredients list looks very similar to those that Professor Lyn Griffith, Griffith University is using in her Migraine Preventative study.

They should be available in chemists in Australia soon & available on-line.

blackmores.com.au/products/r 
 e-headache

It always confuses me when vits are written with a ‘backwards’ ug and not mg so don’t know how to compare. Anyone know how to explain to a non-scientific pleb?

Barb

— Begin quote from “Barb”

It always confuses me when vits are written with a ‘backwards’ ug and not mg so don’t know how to compare. Anyone know how to explain to a non-scientific pleb?

— End quote

The symbol mg means "milligram, while ”g (sometimes also written as ‘ug’) means “microgram.”

One mg = 1000 ”g. i.e., there are 1000 micrograms in one milligram. So when the label says “Folic acid 250 ”g”, it’s saying it contains one quarter of one milligram of folic acid.

Go Microgram - Wikipedia for more.

Thank you - Wikipedia makes it very clear.
Barb