White vinegar - "vinegar brewed from fermented spirit"

On the bottle of white vinegar that I have and all the ones I’ve seen in the supermarket, it has the list of ingredients, which is either vinegar or vinegar and water. But under the main word Vinegar it says “vinegar brewed from fermented spirit.” Am I right in assuming that it should be off my food list?

In another thread, someone says that pure acetic acid is okay to have. Do I assume that the vinegar I have/have seen is NOT pure acetic acid? If not, where would I buy it?

Interesting that water heads the list of ingredients - according to our labelling laws that means there must be more water than vinegar in the bottle! Nice to know I’m buying at least half a bottle of water. :wink:

— Begin quote from “Tilly”

On the bottle of white vinegar that I have and all the ones I’ve seen in the supermarket, it has the list of ingredients, which is either vinegar or vinegar and water. But under the main word Vinegar it says “vinegar brewed from fermented spirit.” Am I right in assuming that it should be off my food list?

*If it makes you ill, yes. As in, if they removed the congeners, what’s left should be dilute acetic acid. *

In another thread, someone says that pure acetic acid is okay to have. Do I assume that the vinegar I have/have seen is NOT pure acetic acid? If not, where would I buy it?
Pure acetic acid would, I’m sure, rot out your whatever.*

Interesting that water heads the list of ingredients - according to our labelling laws that means there must be more water than vinegar in the bottle! Nice to know I’m buying at least half a bottle of water. :wink:

— End quote

I generally preferred wine to brandy, when I imbibed. Dilution often is good. *