Who here has shaking (tremors)

i don’t understand why this happens to me often. i woke up with really bad shaking today but my head is all clogged out and feels like bursting too. I am guessing the shaking is part of MaV?

2 Likes

Yes I get this, had it every morning this week, under quite a lot of stress at the moment, not sleeping well either. Cant say the heads have been any worse but more dizziness.

Christine

1 Like

Thanks Christine.

That’s my name too :slight_smile: i usually go by Chris though.

I’m sorry that you get the shaking too. I don’t understand that at all except for it’s part of this whole thing and anxiety and all. Do any meds help you?

Yeah i woke up feeling horrible today for some reason but my BF who doesn’t have this and has horrible allergies has a ton of pressure in his head too so it may be allergies triggering it all today. could be the smoke from the burned chicken in my house yesterday :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey
This topic is expecially important to me. I started waking up with the morning shakes about 16 months ago. It is like an internal vibration…I never knew what caused it or where it came from or why. After I would get fully awake, it would go away.
Is this happening to any of you?
One doc said it was anxiety, and I do find that if I take Klonapin before bed it doesn’t happen. It must be some kind of adrenaline rush as we go through the sleep to wake cycle. I am working with a doctor right now who loves a good mystery, so maybe I will be able to get some anwsers.
:slight_smile:
Kelley

1 Like

wow interesting Kelley - i have always gotten them off and on for many years but usually during my peak allergy symptoms so equated it to that. although normal people with allergies don’t get that. mine lasts all day for the most part on bad days.

chris

1 Like

Yes propranolol, 10 to 15mg makes the shaking stop in about half an hour. I have some in the cupboard and use them now and again. It is worse when I am stressed and the sleep is bad, then I get the heart palps at night too.

I am known by most as Chris too, but when I signed as Chris, I was mistaken for a bloke so I put Christine in full :smiley:

Yep, the internal vibration is how I would describe it too.

Christine

1 Like

I should have done the same - i had that happen on another forum folks that i was a guy!!! not with this menopause! i wish i was though right about now :slight_smile:

i guess the drug you take is a beta blocker - i can’t take those -i have real low blood pressure. that’s why drs don’t prescribe things that lower blood pressure for me.

I’ll get some help with this eventually i’m sure.

thanks!

Chris

1 Like

Hey Chris – I used to have the shakes all the time with this in the beginning – before I got the anxiety under control. My guess, and from what I’m reading between the lines of your posts, is that you have a significant amount of anxiety going on non-stop which is probably the root cause of the tremors. Unfortunately, that sort of anxiety keeps fuelling migraine too. I’m quite certain that with even a low-dose AD, you’ll see great improvement in your situation. All you need is a break and then you can start climbing out of this hole you’re in. I know it well; I’ve spent lots of time there … but you can get out.

Scott

Thanks Scott and everyone :slight_smile:

I think im going to have to get brave here eventually. Reading your post Scott made me cry because i so want to get out of this hole i’m in. I started thinking today about al the stuff i used to do even a few years ago. I used to be an avid bike rider and used to like to swim and hang out and pools things outside and now wiht my allergies i can’t do anything.

Im curious to see if i take antidepressants and it cuts down on the anxiety and the migraine stuff if that’s indeed what i have if i will be able to go back to being a bit more normal and not be afraid of being outside - i may still have allergies and feel sick and all like i do but if i’m not all dizzy i can maybe lead more of a normal life.

I’ve basically been sick my whole life starting with asthma. i have so many things i want to do - i want to travel and get back to exercising outside instead of in a gym.

I feel like i’ve missed out on so much esp in the past ten years it’s awful. i get sad thinking about it. I’m 53 and life is short i don’t want to live this way. i don’t enjoy much of anything any more except for the occastional clothes buying sprees at the mall when i’m not too sick.

chris

1 Like

Hi Chris/everybody here

I’ve had anxiety and depression all my life and imo, these jittery tremors aren’t anxiety - as such. These are all related to the central nervous system, adrenaline, blood vessel stuff which is all connected to the vestibular stuff. I also think that a lot of women going through peri/menopause go through this too due to changes and fluctuations in their hormones.

Either way, this ‘disease’ is awful and I can’t wait for it to disappear. I pray every day for a cure to it.

I also suffer from really debilitating chronic fatigue too - and often feel like i’m going to collapse. Do you guys have that too?

Louise

1 Like

Hi Louise,
I also have a slight head tremor, especially when I’m tired or stressed or have a bad episode of VM going. Both my ontoneurologist and neurologist have talked about it and apparently very common with VM. My neuro said that the Topomax that I am currently taking should help calm the tremors as well. I’m early into it but it has seemed to help. It feels like the tremor stems from my neck and my head is just so heavy…
Hope for better days for you and all here!!!
Renee’