Whoo hoo - White chocolate has no caffeine!

I can’t believe I’ve only just found out white chocolate has only trace caffeine. I actually love it so this is a major discovery for me. I shall have something to nibble at Christmas after all!

The milky bars are on me! :slight_smile:

Dizzy Izzy xx

I can eat this too Dizzi. No problem. S

Thanks for that little gem - I’ve been and brought a nice piece of Thorntons that I’m going to try!!

The Milky Bar kid is strong and tough and only the best is good enough - the creamiest milk the whitest bar, the goodness that’s in Milky Bar!!

And as DizzyIz said - the milky bars are on her!!! 8)

— Begin quote from “Muppo”

— End quote

Alas, no more. Dr S has banned them. :frowning:

Saw this thread - thought I’d give it a go. Green and Black’s organic white chocolate. Had quite a lot, about half a bar over about 6 hours. I paid for it bigtime! I’m going to stick to moderate amounts of dark, I do ok with that.

Brenda

Muppo, banned them why?

Brenda, paid how?

Me, I’ve noticed three negatives to white choc.
One, it’s fattening, and I don’t need extra pounds.
Two, it’s saturated fat, and my heredity and to some extent my numbers mean I should minimize that.
Three, it’s nothing like the real thing.

— Begin quote from ____

Brenda, paid how?

— End quote

I was ok to start with, but after about 6 hours, I started to get a headache (heavy, leaden type), felt dizzy and disorientated, had runny nose, chills and a general feeling of malaise.

I can’t remember when I last had such a bad reaction. I’m pretty careful with my diet now, despite appearances here to the contrary! I’d eaten nothing else whatsoever that I could attribute my reaction to. No other outstanding triggers either.

Obviously I looked at the ingredients before eating the white chocolate. Only suspect is milk powder - in the manufacturing of milk powder it’s possible msg is formed. And that’s something I DO react to.

Whatever it was, like you David, I’m sticking to the real thing from now on!

Brenda

Oh my, Brenda. This is the first time I’ve heard MSG could be formed in the course of forming milk powder. Where did you get that info, or are you speculating freely?

You know, when my wife’s digestion was delicate (getting over food poisoning) she sometimes reacted surprisingly violently to high-fat foods. I’m not talking about white chocolate in her case. She already discovered the intestinal trauma had sensitized her to matters dairy.

— Begin quote from ____

Oh my, Brenda. This is the first time I’ve heard MSG could be formed in the course of forming milk powder. Where did you get that info, or are you speculating freely

— End quote

Hi David

This was my first foray into the subject:

truthinlabeling.org/Milk%20and%20MSG.html

Actually I haven’t eaten dairy for a few years now but like it, so occasionally keep trying the odd bit of cottage or cream cheese, even a small square of milk chocolate, but have always had a slight reaction but nothing major, so I figured the treat was was worth a few hours of slight dizziness, which is what I thought I might get after the white chocolate. Instead of which I got a very bad reacion as I’ve stated. Hence my looking a bit more intently into the ingredients.

Hoping your wife is fully recovered soon.

Brenda

Thanks, Brenda.

That explains my doc’s warning against sour cream, buttermilk, yoghurt, kefir . . any fermented/soured milk product.

No worries David. Glad it helped. All the best to you and your wife.

Brenda

— Begin quote from “dizzyizzy”

— Begin quote from “Muppo”

— End quote

Alas, no more. Dr S has banned them. :frowning:

— End quote

I assume Dr S is your personal doctor? Why has he banned it?

And for everyone’s notice, not all white chocolate is “created equal” - if you need to avoid cocoa, check the ingredient list because so far Milky Bars are the only white chocolate I’ve found that doesn’t contain it. I made the mistake of thinking that all white chocolate had no cocoa and ate Cadbury Dream which does have it. Oops!