You may never want to take Benzo's again ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_6zwVNn88o

… after watching this.

One of the greatest intellectuals of our time, reduced to a wreck :frowning:

3 Likes

Sad to see him in this state.

One word of caution though - we don’t know what he was taking, what dose, frequency or how long. And whether he had any underlying health issues.

Benzos are okay when used sparingly.

Yep, poor guy, I’ve been following his struggle for the past few months. Hopefully he’ll be in the clear soon…

However, as @ak90 says Benzos are fine once in a while. And some people feel the only way they can live is to take them daily and I respect that.

1 Like

After developing panic disorder in spring 2008, I started taking Xanax 0.5 mg once a day. After a month, I was bumped up to 0.5 mg twice a day. At the end of the two months, I could not honestly say that I ever noticed a difference in my anxiety. I deemed the medication useless and stopped it cold turkey. That was a mistake. The result was horrible. It took a psychiatrist ONE YEAR to wean me off the benzos. I had to switch from Xanax to Klonopin and over the course of the year slowing titrate my dose. Two months of taking a medication took one year to get off of, and I now have a massive pill phobia. I have known too many people who have tried benzos and the side effects and trying to come off the stuff was so bad. 0 out of 5 stars, do not recommend. Peterson’s story is so scary.

3 Likes

How is he a wreck? Jordan Peterson at half strength would still be better than 99% of people on full. I can’t see any evidence of being a wreck here, can you?
I often wondered how he faced the constant barrage of criticism from the world’s neo-con-liberal media and now we know why! Benzos! He always looked so relaxed and in control. I was quite envious of him at many points.
He says he started taking them in 2016. I find it hard to believe that a Doctor of psychology and research scientist would not know benzos are highly addictive and a nightmare to leave behind. Anyway, good luck to him.

1 Like

He says in the first thirty seconds or so he’s been suffering from ‘severely impaired health’

Just taking the man at his word.

Also his speech does seem a little more strained than usual?

That I can agree with!