Zoloft and other AD's

Hello,

Can anyone tell me how long it has taken them to get back to baseline after dropping an AD? I was only able to take Zoloft for a short time before it felt like there were electric impulses going through me and I was having large “jumps” in my extremities.

Guess meds are not going to help me. I have tried many but not many AD’s.

Thank you.
Sally

Hi Sally. I’m not sure how long you were on Zoloft but I was on Effexor for 2 weeks taking 18.75 mg. I had to drop it after having insomnia for 2 straight weeks and a fast heart rate. I went cold turkey. No weaning & I had no problems at all. I was worried after reading all the horror stories but for me it wasn’t bad. (I was only on it for 2 weeks though at a very low dose) I just started Zoloft a few days ago & I’m waiting to see what happens.

Oh I forgot to mention my insomnia & fast heart rate cleared up within about 2 days of stopping it.

Thank you. I have been off the Zoloft for almost two weeks. I was nauseous on it and nauseous off of it. My rocking is worse. I’m sure it works for some but I guess I’m not one of those.

My brain is tired of going on and off meds. My goal is to go for a few months without anything. Wish me luck.
Sally

Hi Sally,
Have you ever tried Verapamil and if so, what was your experience with that with regards to the rocking?
Thanks!
Lisa

Yes, Lisa I did without success. It made me worse. Frankly, I have not found anything to be helpful. Wish I could tell you something more hopeful but it has been over 5 years with no relief. The feeling of movement in bed at night is disconcerting. Most med’s make me feel like I have electrical impulses going through me. The tri-cyclics help with head pain but make the movement worse. Sometimes I take them just to be rid of the headache.

Sally