Could fan heater or hair dryer cause an attack?

Come on. Be sensible. One burst of hot air in passing your ear isn’t going to do ‘damage’. Doctors use air suction to extract earwax and that involves much more than one gust. High winds can be a trigger so it might be that but I’d say it’s much more likely to be something else.

Here’s my take for heat it’s worth. Something that’s probably not crossed your mind as yet. You say you ‘dried’ your hair so presumably it was previously wet and how did it get wet. I guess either you bent your head over a sink or tilted your head at odd angles in the shower. All necessary to shampoo and rinse of course but not something vestibular conditions take too kindly. You aren’t alone there ….

Do showers trigger you?
If you have daily headaches/migraines please look here!
Washing hair tips?
Downside to washing hair

Fan heater? Think vibration.

The less firm and stable any surface is the more difficult it is for the balance system to handle. To a brain currently tuned to hypersensitivity that bed probably feels like a trampoline.

It’s not until we suffer from such vestibular issues that we have any true understanding of how hard our brain works to keep us balanced and to truly appreciate the difficulties it faces. When it’s all working correctly it’s nothing short of a miracle but, much like the petrol engine, it is not until it go wrong, we take a look under the bonnet.

2 Likes