Covid Vaccine

I had Moderna last Friday. I was dizzier for 2 days but it got better right after that. No more headaches my usual. Iā€™m on Topamax, Verapamil and month 1 of Emgality but still only doing 50% better. So I would say it flared my VM up but only by 5% which realistically is nothing compared to getting Covid. Iā€™ll update after my second shot!

4 Likes

Thanks so much for sharing your experience so far, very heartening to read this! Best of luck with your 2nd dose!!

1 Like

Iā€™ve just had my first AstraZeneca dose (I live in the UK), not because Iā€™m vulnerable or over 60 but because I work in a client facing role. Will update you in a couple of days time as to how it goes! But I figured I would much much rather risk a temporary MAV flare up than long Covid. I know a few people now who have long Covid and it sounds absolutely TERRIBLE! And none of these people are older than 45 or have pre existing health problems.

3 Likes

I received the Moderna vaccine yesterday. It immediately caused my trigeminal area on left side of my face to feel numb along with stuffy ear and headache on left side. I got really sleepy about 3 hours later, took Excedrine Migraine and went to bed. Woke up feeling good!

3 Likes

AstraZeneca update: I felt very slightly more dizzy and fluey in the evening after my jab, then shivery and stuffy with slight headache through the night, along with muscle aches. Took paracetamol, all symptoms were gone by the following evening, today I feel completely fine. So no major MAV flare!

8 Likes

Thats great news! So glad youā€™re feeling well and now your on the way to full vaccination! Thank you so much for sharing this!!

Kare- so glad your symptoms improved after some sleep! Perhaps I will have some Excedrine on standby too in case of a flare. Havenā€™t taken that med before but sounds like it really stopped it in its tracks! Thank you for posting this experience

Hi - I have only just spotted this thread. If it is any help I am in the UK and had my first dose of the AstraZeneca vaccine on 22nd February and had no side effects at all. Some people I know (non Mavvers) did feel a bit rough, but interestingly a week later rather than straight away. It will be interesting to see how I get on after the second dose which is scheduled for May 10th - Iā€™ll keep you posted!

3 Likes

I had my 2nd Pfizer jab today - hallelujah! So thankful for the vaccine and all the science and scientists behind it. Iā€™m in bed and a little dizzy. But I think thatā€™s the adrenaline and hypertension just from the excitement of it all. What a great day!!!

And I agree - GET THE JAB! You arenā€™t only doing it for yourself, or your family. Itā€™s a part of being a citizen of this country, AND the world. It helps keep our hospitals functioning well and not overburdened by Covid care, it helps protect those with compromised immune systems, and it is a part of simply stopping the spread of a sometimes deadly and often long-lasting disease. Why anyone wouldnā€™t want to do their part is beyond me. Anyway, end of rant.

Iā€™m in bed but so thankful for my jab.

Shazam
(Who has been at close to 100% back to normal for more than a year. On only 2 tiny doses of meds!)

7 Likes

I had the Astrazeneca vaccine recently. No vestibular side effects.

I just had normal side effects: sore arm, flu like symptoms, a rough nights sleep etc. Within 1-2 days I was fine.

3 Likes

https://www.primarydoctor.org/covidvaccine

2 Likes

Interesting, flutters. My partner is adamant that he wonā€™t have an mRNA jab and has been doing lots of reading about it for the past couple of months,he was called for his jab a few weeks ago. Here in the UK you canā€™t find out in advance which jab :Astrazenca (vector) or Pfizer (mRNA) youā€™ll be getting, so if he eventually has to get the vaccine heā€™ll walk out if itā€™s an mRNA one. Matters will be further complicated as the UK are about to start also using the Moderna (mRNA) one and the Johnson& Johnson one ( a modified cold virus non mRNA one) although Iā€™ve read itā€™s not as effective as the others but only requires one dose. Iā€™ve had my text to book an appointment this week but Iā€™m not feeling so great MAV wise so am holding off making a decision. Itā€™s not like Iā€™ll be travelling anywhere soon, or going out living it up.

2 Likes

Iā€™ll have none. Iā€™ll take my chances with a virus at least 99.7% survive, especially given the CDC statistics by age and the fact that 94% of Covid deaths in the US are people over the average life expectancy here (80) with an average of 2.5 comorbidities.

2 Likes

Yeah, I have to admit: Iā€™m on the fence.

Over 55% of the UK now has antibodies, and most of those will be the vulnerable people whoā€™ve taken the vaccine.

The rest were people whoā€™d got it and got over it.

I heard some stats that if ~30% (25-40%) of the pop. in the UK had antibodies, the virus simply vanish through herd immunity.

We are way past that point now, and the figures back up this assertion so far as cases and hospitalisations are collapsing.

The only remaining reasons to take the vaccine now, I propose, are:

1. Social pressure
  2. Political pressure and reality.
  3. You are a vulnerable person who has yet to take it.

Iā€™ve had quite enough of 1. & 2. on other social issues, so ā€¦ yeah ā€¦

3 Likes

Iā€™ve been afraid to say just that. The last thing I need is to get ostracized in this community. But my sense that there is more to see here is so incredibly strong. I just think people should be informed. We MAVericks are all too aware of the harm that can be done.

3 Likes

Just to point out that the death rate % quoted in the article is from June 2020.

The real death date of Covid is 3%, which is why it has been taken so seriously. The death rate from flu is significantly lower than Covid-19.

Source: COVID - Coronavirus Statistics - Worldometer

Personally, as my MAV started from flu, I felt compelled to have a vaccine.

3 Likes

This was quite an interesting take:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bw5ldWr9QD0

1 Like

The infection fatality rate is 0.26%. Deaths are far, far lower from Covid than even prior recent (40 years) influenza outbreaks. In the US, 94% of Covid deaths are with rather than of Covid. We have high statistics because we incentivize the labeling of all deaths as Covid by tripling the hospitalā€™s reimbursement for each Covid labeled death over any other type. If Covid is even suspected as present, that death will be labeled Covid - even if the person was 85 with end stage heart disease.

5 Likes

Yup, and the ā€˜Casesā€™ are only those captured by less than reliable tests and logistics. No-one is included in those figures if they suffered mildly in silence. That also over-inflates the overall fatality rate.

2 Likes

Trouble is most of the World is outside the U.K. so the threat would remain.

Iā€™d be interested to see the source paper there. The subject doesnā€™t get much by way of mention currently but Iā€™ve noticed previously far far higher figures quoted. All in excess of 85% if memory serves. Who knows what to believe? Is it possible to obtain a more accurate figure? Does anybody really know?

I remember thinking that 85% take up would only be achieved ā€˜ in their dreamsā€™ only to be subsequently amazed at the exceptional response, in excess of 95% in the older groups and indeed quoted as 100% (in 75-79s I think it was) and then comments at the despair of medics that the 50 somethings who have only been invited in very recently was lagging way behind at 87%? I would have thought that way beyond expectations but apparently not. Though if herd immunity can be achieved with as little as 40% even why all the current panic with the 50 somethings then?

3 Likes