Dizzy when excited?

Hi

Does anyone get a sudden increase in dizziness when they get suddenly excited about something??

I know I get suddenly dizzy if Iā€™m put in a suddenly stressfuly situation. But my best friend just rang me to tell me she got engagedā€¦ I was so happy and excited for her, between shouting ā€œOH MY GOD OH MY GOD OH MY GOD!!!ā€ and trying not to cry in the middle of the office, I stood up and realised I was spinning around like nobodies business. I am DEFINATELY happy about this news! lol But am confused as to why itā€™s bought on the dizziness.

X

1 Like

Any increase in emotion ie happy, laughing, anxious, angry, upset amplifies my dizziness. It is so frustrating because it means I canā€™t be my true self and have to try and be this lifeless person who canā€™t really interact or express what Iā€™m feeling. It is hell x

1 Like

Yes same here my husband shouted at one of my children this morning quite loud and it made me jump and go extra dizzy.
Any emotion seems to make me dizzier its frustrating X

My personal opinion is that the increased dizzy sensation is because of a sudden increase in heart rate, causing a sudden increase in blood flow to the brain/ear. When I am waking up in the morning and am in that half-awake, very relaxed state, I am usually very aware that my ears are NOT ringing and that I am NOT rocking. However, during the transition to an awake state, my ears will frequently begin to ring and the rocking starts. In my case, it seems to be related to a sudden increase in heart rate or blood pressureā€¦

ā€” Begin quote from ā€œKennedyLaneā€

My personal opinion is that the increased dizzy sensation is because of a sudden increase in heart rate, causing a sudden increase in blood flow to the brain/ear. When I am waking up in the morning and am in that half-awake, very relaxed state, I am usually very aware that my ears are NOT ringing and that I am NOT rocking. However, during the transition to an awake state, my ears will frequently begin to ring and the rocking starts. In my case, it seems to be related to a sudden increase in heart rate or blood pressureā€¦

ā€” End quote

we are so similar Kennedy :slight_smile:

The first minutes of being awake or always fairly symptom freeā€¦ always kicks in a little while after

Have you guys who feel the dizziness is related to blood pressure and increaed heartrate tried a beta blocker like propanolol? They might help you x

Yeah laughing makes me dizzier and really off balanced. Crying makes me dizzier too, I actually feel drugged up when I have had a cry.

Canā€™t believe all these symptoms I have lived with for years, and a lot of them had to accept and adapt my life, WE ALL have them. It is so comforting that I am not alone.

Since finding this site, although my symptoms havenā€™t got any better (not till I try the medication) my mood has lifted so much because these symptoms are NOT in my head, I am NOT going mad, they are real and loads of other people are in the same boat.

WE WILL get better one day, all of us, make take time but WE WILL. :smiley:

Angela

ā€” Begin quote from ā€œJemā€

Have you guys who feel the dizziness is related to blood pressure and increaed heartrate tried a beta blocker like propanolol? They might help you x

ā€” End quote

Thanks for the suggestion, Jem. Yes, I have thought about trying a beta-blocker such as propranolol. I am still doing relatively well while recovering from my cervical fusion. (I had a HUGE blip when I tried Effexor for the 2nd time a couple weeks ago. Just like my first trial on it, on the fourth day, it made me dizzy beyond belief. It took a good six days after stopping it for me to feel better again.)

I have also noted that after sitting down in a chair relaxing for a while, my ears generally stop ringing and the rocking goes away (blood pressure/heart rate down). When I wake up in the morning I usually feel pretty good until I transition into an awake state. (I know it isnā€™t anxiety or motion causing it because this happens to me even when I awake very calmly and do not move.) It really seems to have something to do with my heart rate or blood pressure.

For a couple of years before the dizziness started, I recall a weird sensation in the left side of my head whenever I would wake up from a nap. All of a sudden I would have a strong pound, pound, pound feeling at my left temple that would only last a few seconds.

I donā€™t have hypertension so I always wondered why it felt like the pressure in my head would go way up when I woke up. Weird.

I know this is an old thread but I thought Iā€™d add that Iā€™ve had some success in reducing my dizziness by releasing my lower abs and pelvic muscles. Iā€™m under constant stress and I automatically tense them, get dizzy and then have to manually release them. It doesnā€™t always work but it does help. A TCM doctor said itā€™s called ā€œwater headā€ and gave me some pills etc. And acupuncture. It helps but I find the quicker thing is to release the muscles and try to relax. It seems like when the muscles are tense, my head cannot drain and I get dizziness and headaches etc. When I do relax them, I feel my head draining (literally, its gross) and then I feel better in a little while. I hope this helps someone because it sure helped me.

1 Like

Yeah, thatā€™s how MAV crept up on me at first. I would get dizzy when anxious.

Hey Bonny, what ā€˜pillsā€™ exactly? Glad you found a technique that works for you. Does this work with and without the pills?

1 Like

As the brain remembers whatā€™s currently going on and the muscles tense. Presumably we donā€™t sleep or donā€™t sleep well and deeply with tense muscles. After long periods of instant vertigo upon lifting head from pillow even well medicated during so must make my brain cautious and to avoid feeling queer I always have to try to remember to loosen my neck muscles and relax my shoulders before sitting up. Not sure about close links to BP. I understand that would be at its highest upon waking anyway.

Iā€™d say itā€™s more to do with cortisol and adrenaline peaking early morning.

1 Like

What the being ā€˜dizzy when excitedā€™? You mean. That seems sound opinion to me although maybe you could elucidated a bit for the dullards like me who never really got to grips with finer points of body chemistry. I was interested to read your recent comment elsewhere about adrenaline and betablockers too.

1 Like

Definitely a physiological chain here I suspect:

https://www.britannica.com/science/epinephrine

I suspect this physiological chain includes the inner ears. If one were to be even mildly hydropic, it might get pushed out of its normal operating envelope, altering its response and causing you to feel dizzy as the two ears now disagree. Iā€™m sure there are a myriad of other explanations too, but all of them physiological + neurological interpretation.

1 Like

Thereā€™s a problem with getting a diagnosis and a name to a set of symptoms because it boxes you into a mindset about what is going on. You have MĆ©niĆØres so you get balls deep into hydrops and the mechanics of the ear locally. Now you have MAV, so you read up on everything migraine related and all these food allergies now make sense because its part and parcel of the conditionā€¦

I implore everyone to just read up about how the body works as a system. If you are getting dizzy still, I can only imagine your blood sugar levels are like a rollercoaster. You will receive the advice to eat frequent meals so your blood sugar doesnā€™t dropā€¦ wrong again mainstream advice. Your eating habits are now a slave to the reaction that your body is having in response to prior food intake (Amount, frequency, type). Dead end / death spiral.

I hope you appreciate the paragraphs lol

Like Iā€™ve said before, low carb and intermittent fasting. You will feel not so hot for a few weeks because your blood sugars are low but soon they will stabilise and in turn your insulin response will normalise. Iā€™ve just got back from a 2 hour bike ride in a fasted state (in a very sunny Kƶln) and Iā€™m not dizzy. I eat twice per day. Support with supplements like: Ginger, Berberine, Benfotiamine, Alpha Lipoic Acid.
Walking and LISS (Low Intensity Steady State cardio) is good. Why? Low impact, doesnā€™t raise stress hormones and therefore blood sugar. It burns off nervous energy (glucose). Drains lymphatic system, improves circulation and therefore immune system.

High adrenaline equals high blood sugar. This is why first thing in the morning you might be fine (no energy crisis). You will be ok during exercise and whilst eatingā€¦ but after is another story. Dizziness is a hypoglycaemic event. Staying hydrated is key also as people with diabetes will confirm. More steroid hormonesā€¦ aldosterone comes into play. This effects electrolyte imbalance. Hello inner ear fluid issues. Some take ARBs to help control this.

If I make it completely out of the woods (zero tinnitus) Iā€™ll write out exactly what Iā€™ve done but until then itā€™s just mud in the water. I dislike when I read on other forums about someone having THE solution and say what they are doingā€¦ 2 days into a new regime. A quick search and 4 years later they are still there having a rough time. Itā€™s disappointing to say the least.

2 Likes

Aside: totally my definition too!!

2 Likes

Absolutely love the paragraphs. And another new perspective of course. Itā€™s always good to keep researching.

1 Like

Excellent advice. Everybody needs to self advocate and to do that effectively they need to understand. In order to ask the right questions if nothing else. Bodies are rather like motor vehicles. Owners donā€™t look under the bonnet until the engine ceases to work correctly.

Could certainly be worth investigating blood sugar levels for those who think it appropriate. Personally Iā€™m always at my worst first thing in the morning and whatever baseline I am currently running at always improve as the day wears on. A step up in functioning by 2.00pm and better again in the evening. I nearly always bounce off to bed about 11.00pm not a bit tired just wishing Iā€™d wake up next morning feeling as good but so far since turning chronic I never have. Often wonder at the chemistry behind that pattern too.

2 Likes

Exactly how I feel and guess others do also. They do best as the day wears on.

The circadian rhythm is off and steroid hormone levels are left wanting when they are needed most - early morning, post exercise, post prandial, ā€˜time of the monthā€™ etc

Try what I suggested in the other post. 3-5 grams of B5 (start with 3) Will have to keep it up for 1-2 months though.

Plus, I like everything explained in terms of how cars function. I do this myself lol

2 Likes