Does anyone get headaches with Redbush/Rooibos tea?

THx James. Cancelled the other one and ordered the tick tock. I’ll let you guys know how it is.

1 Like

Good plan, yes please let me know!

the local stores in the US have great selection of teas. I have not have any caffeine for like 3 months. I drink chamomille, lavender, mint, ginger, and I found recently Oatly, and I love it, now I can put a little “milk” in my tea. https://us.oatly.com/

And i will get the Red Bush and give it a try with my brekkie🙂
Jo x

1 Like

Oh we have that in the UK as well! :slight_smile:

Brilliant suggestion actually, thank you!

(NB from admin: this image links to a product this member has found helpful and at the same time helps fund the site: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Thanks for your support!)

| | | |
|—|—|—|—|
|||

I love it!!!

1 Like

I work hard on these affiliate links. It’s often nightmare to get a link that has an equivalent on each side of the pond!

you are doing a great job and we love you for that! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Haha, thanks!

Sorry Beth for late response, don’t know how I missed your post, have no problems now … must have not been related and ‘confirmation bias’. Rooibos gets the full thumbs up from me now! And thank goodness really. Means we can have something very close to Chinese Black tea without any of the caffeine. Marvellous!

1 Like

Glad the rooibos works for you after all, James. Had to have a smile to see that Tetely makes bush tea on your side of the pond - Tetley’s is my favorite cuppa when I (have visitors and) indulge in real tea!
Bush tea is available here in with all manner of added flavours…from cookies and cream , or mocha something or other to Chamomile. The only ones I like, apart from the regular are the vanilla and Chamomile at bed time.

Oh yum! Googled it, this one?:

Cookies & Cream … Tea!
More recommended teas here

Yes I think Tetley is just playing the brand game and perhaps realised it needed a product in this space. I’m sure the tea is probably from a well known supplier!

Oh, that took me back. Years ago someone I worked with was on special diet years for serious skin complaint and used to make her own Chamomile Tea. From the look if it the first line of the recipe must have been ‘Take one large handful of assorted lawn clippings’! I remember the little daisy heads floating in the mug! Helen

1 Like

Yep- that’s the one. Carmien is my favorite brand, supposed to be organic and to me it is a little smoother than most. That one has tiny bits of coconut in it. Nice now and again, in my opinion, but a bit much on a regular basis. To each his own! :slightly_smiling_face:
Pretty sure you’re right - as far as I know all rooibos is grown in S.A…Tetley probably just re-brands from one of the big packers here.

1 Like

Helen…I generally make my own Chamomile from the herb itself…much cheaper and you can control how much you use. They are little daisey flowers…I blend mine fine, but whichever way you do it you end up with bits floating :laughing: - as with a lot of herb teas — the lawn clippings were probably other herbs like dandelion or stinging nettle… the list is endless.

Oh, stinging nettle soup. My paternal grandmother used to use it to cleanse her family’s system every Spring. My father always said he might have disliked it less if the outside (and only) toilet hadn’t been so far from the house! He became a keen nurseyman and hated stinging nettles all his life. Helen

3 Likes

Yep - I meant to add that all those herbs tend to taste like lawn clippings as well as look like them!! supposed to be very good for you, though…in small doses!!!

ALso found this

https://teeccino.com/

Herbal teas that suppose to taste like coffee.

Ordered a whole bunch of samples.

2 Likes

interesting, I’ll let you be the guinea pig, please report back :grinning:

1 Like

Ooh interesting, and available on Amazon (and on Amazon UK), where it seems to get good reviews! Let me know your thoughts on the best flavours and general feedback, Young. Thanks for the suggestion, have added to the recommended page in anticipation! :wink:

(these image links to products this member has found interesting and at the same time helps fund the site: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. Thanks for your support!)

Teeccino! Variety Pack
More recommended teas here