Janet Jackson has MAV!

Hey guys,

Check this out:

au.eonline.com/uberblog/b63842_j … tling.html

— Begin quote from ____

“After a thorough medical evaluation, it has been confirmed that Janet’s symptoms are being caused by a rare form of migraine called vestibular migraine or migraine-associated vertigo for which she is currently receiving treatment.”

— End quote

Rare? I don’t think so. So next time someone tells you it’s all in your head, maybe they’ll have more sympathy when you tell them JJ has it too and had to cancel a bunch of concerts because of it. I wonder if she saw Hain? If she starts forgetting the words to her songs we’ll all know she’s on Dopamax!

Scott 8)

Wow, that’s very interesting! I notice she got a diagnosis within 2 weeks of becoming ill, its amazing how quickly that can happen when you have loads of money isn’t it? I wonder why she is feeling much better - just a cycle of the illness or medication?

Becky

Wonder if she’ll be popping in on us when she has her first backslide? :mrgreen:

Good points everyone!

You better believe the next time anyone wonders what the heck i’m still doing in the house i’ll tell them proudly :wink: Oh! Janet has Lyme disease too???

Yea, I can’t wait to see her on the forum :!:

Thanks for the link Scott,

Julie

Can you just see Janet Jackson as an MAV patient - taking Topamax as her first preventative? She’s going to fire one doctor after another !

I’ll bet that she cancel’s a few more shows when she learns that stress and irregurlar sleep cycles can aggrivate migraines in general. To me, that type of life style just doesn’t seem to work with MAV, but it may work out for her.

Brian, you are right, there is no way she’s going to be able to live the life she’s been living.

Wouldn’t it be interesting to know, for real, how this changes her life. Could be for the good, in some ways, huh?

I’ll bet it’s real hard to be grounded, know who you are, (evidence all the plastic surgery) with that kind of lifestyle.

It could be real hard for her to deal with this.

Julie

The thing I forgot to mention that was brought up in part already, not only am I surprised that she got diagnosed so quickly, but also that the treatment is working this quickly. For most of us, our treatment plans took weeks to see any affect, and months for the affects to be strong enough to return to a near normal life.

She got diagnosed in two weeks, and a week later is back on the road. If she truly has MAV, she will be experiencing more vertigo soon.

— Begin quote from “Brian B”

She got diagnosed in two weeks, and a week later is back on the road. If she truly has MAV, she will be experiencing more vertigo soon.

— End quote

Don’t feel too sure! There are a lot of successfully (and by that I mean 99%+) treated MAV patients out there. Few or none would lurk around on online forums, though… Places like this is where you find the sickest of the bunch!

— Begin quote from “Tranquillity”

Don’t feel too sure! There are a lot of successfully (and by that I mean 99%+) treated MAV patients out there. Few or none would lurk around on online forums, though… Places like this is where you find the sickest of the bunch!

— End quote

Oh, I agree that there are people that (including myself) that have experinced 90% to 99% recovery, but my point was that I haven’t heard of anyone recovering in one week. “Usually” it takes that long for the side effects of the medication to take full effect and they have barely started in to work on the symptoms.

Don’t get me wrong, if she does have MAV, then I hope that she does recover along with anyone that has MAV. I just haven’t heard of anyone recovering that quickly.

Brian

Wait a minute - i missed that part. She got treated successfully in a short period of time and is back to work???

I agree, something is wrong here, the rich and famous really do have access to the best of the best and NOW! And she would have had to be pretty darned lucky to get relief with her first preventative ? It’s very possible, but kripes, I’m on 4 !

If she saw Hain and he put her on Effexor, she could have been well in a couple of weeks, it’s true. But not on Topamax.

On the other hand, she may not be feeling as well as her PR is saying. Jenny had to fulfill her contract to perform all over China for a full year with MAV. She did it, sick the entire time.

Lots we just don’t know - except for what Tranquility says - many successfully treated MAVers are not on this forum.

thanks to those of you who are feeling well and still hang out with us !

Julie

Ooh, wouldn’t it be funny if she did come onto this website and saw what we have all been saying about her! :wink:*

:mrgreen:

reuters.com/article/peopleNe … 9N20081015

You beat me to it! I was totally going to post this too!
I think this is a really good thing, it will bring this medical condition into the spotlight, and at least for me, I can tell people “I have the same thing Janet Jackson has” instead of them rolling their eyes and telling me to get over my “headaches”.

Also, are they seriously calling it a “mystery” illness?

yea, can you believe that?

but when Jen posted that ABC video on MDDS she said at the end “i never thought I would be a medical mystery, but I guess I am”

I’ll bet they’ve got her bathed in Klonopin!

Hey Scott…i’m not on topamax and still forget the words. Lol

Joe

Right, and this is really going to cramp her dancing style - can you even imagine? ugh!

I wonder if this is just the beginning of her MAV symptoms. I had periodic vertigo episodes for 5-6 years before I was hit big last October. The episodes lasted between a few days to a month. I was diagnosed with BPPV with the first spell, but I now wonder if it was MAV all along and just became a constant problem last October. Maybe she had a temporary flare-up of MAV and is feeling better for now. Just a thought…

— Begin quote from “MarciM”

I wonder if this is just the beginning of her MAV symptoms. I had periodic vertigo episodes for 5-6 years before I was hit big last October. The episodes lasted between a few days to a month. I was diagnosed with BPPV with the first spell, but I now wonder if it was MAV all along and just became a constant problem last October. Maybe she had a temporary flare-up of MAV and is feeling better for now. Just a thought…

— End quote

I just saw this janet jackson thing on the news, and came online to see if you’d all heard the news.

yes Marci
My 1/2 sisters husband has mav, and he only ever had a few vertigo spins,and **recoverd fully **in between each episode,he was put on antiD’s and is coping well with his mav.
no more spinning vertigo.
lucky thing.

he’s on luvox I think its called, it’s suposed to be similar to prozac, or so my sister said,
I’m not sure really.
I know its an SSRI.

good thing is , it might get some attention now, this so called rare Mav disease.

jen