Migraine surgery

Only time I’ve entered a gym since school is to vote in an election so I am about the last person to ask. He was lifting those huge tyres you get on Heavy Plant if that helps. Certainly heavy lifting was a good vertigo trigger for him.

1 Like

Is there such a thing as a “good” vertigo trigger?

@Rob77, your current stage reminds me of this post I made back in the day:

I've had it guys ... I'm going to look into Perilymph Fistula (PLF) surgery

I thought this was going to be my silver bullet. (NB reader I never ended taking it up and improved dramatically anyway)

It’s about surgery which promised a potential end to my symptoms and the psychological stage I was at seems identical.

1 Like

I’d been thinking about that post this whole discussion.

1 Like

Yes came to my mind too. What put you off it if indeed you can pinpoint it @turnitaround? Was it Acceptance? They say it’s the Fourth stage of the Grieving Process and often the most difficult to accept maybe.

Only if you want a really ‘good’ debilitating dose I guess which incidentally he got.
Well spotted Em. Poor choice of word. ‘powerful’ or ‘effective’ maybe would have been better.

2 Likes

Acceptance and Hope. A tiny speck of Hope was all I needed, and Acceptance of my current circumstances (which to be fair, in my case, whilst annoying did not stop me leading a semi-normal life even if my symptoms were uncomfortable and distracting).

1 Like

@turnitaround does seems very similar.
I’m :100: having. All booked, flights, hotel etc…

:crossed_fingers:t3::crossed_fingers:t3::crossed_fingers:t3::crossed_fingers:t3::crossed_fingers:t3::crossed_fingers:t3::crossed_fingers:t3::crossed_fingers:t3::crossed_fingers:t3::crossed_fingers:t3::crossed_fingers:t3::crossed_fingers:t3::crossed_fingers:t3::crossed_fingers:t3::crossed_fingers:t3:

Some interesting testimonials here, if people go for that sort of thing.

One had imbalance and couldn’t walk I think

https://www.headachesurgery.com/our-center/video-testimonials/

Good website too… he is in Santa Barbara

2 Likes

Absolute best of luck and Godspeed on your recovery.

Many thanks @flutters
Let’s see what happens…

Welcome to Cali. Don’t come for the migraine surgery and leave with COVID as a souvenir. The cases are rising here !!!

Good luck ! Keep us updated and we promise not to judge :slight_smile:

2 Likes

All the Best. Be so interesting to hear the outcome. I think you said it’s an Outpatient procedure. Without wanting to sound !ike Old Mother Hen do make sure there’s sufficient preparation for after care. Facilities for overnight hospitalisation, flexible hotel and flight dates etc. Just in case.

2 Likes

Thanks all. I’m having it in Berlin, US not possible anyway.
And everything is flexible, easy to extend a hotel or move back a flight. BA do some nice flights from Heathrow, and there is an excellent choice of hotels in Berlin,

3 Likes

My bad I assumed your surgery is in the US from the link. Good luck again with Berlin.

Very best of luck Rob :four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover::four_leaf_clover:

2 Likes

US travel from UK still no-go due to Covid far as I am aware.

@Rob77 Always best to be well prepared. Nothing worse than being stuck away from your toothbrush!

@Onandon03 very true!!!

@nin many thanks

https://www.headachesurgery.com/dizziness-and-headaches-the-imbalance-of-pain/

I was a Boy Scout in a former life. Well a Brownie actually and very briefly a Girl Guide.

I will read it.

Rob,

You’d scheduled mid-August for the surgery. This is 8/21. How are you doing?

Emily

Starting to get a little worried Rob. We’re into September now. Are you ok?

2 Likes

Hey @Rob77 hope all is well? It would be really good for other members to get some feedback on your experience.

1 Like