Movement causes the feeling of being pushed and pulled?

I feel great when I sit down with my head supported, or when I lay down. This makes me feel almost normal. But when I am standing or sitting without my head supported, any movement will set off a pushing/pulling feeling on my body while im moving and it lasts a few seconds after I stop moving. And sometimes when I try to walk, I feel like my body is being pushed and pulled in an opposite pattern to my movement. It essentially feels like being seasick. Do many MAVers experience this?

1 Like

yep. i feel like someone is pushing me in the back when walking. when it first started up i would fling forward if i stopped ,walking even just a few steps(still have that feeling but dont actually do it anymore). i close my eyes and always seem to fall to the right. for the first year i had the spins constantly no matter what position now 2 years + on i get some relief lying/sitting. Got your tests back yet??

Thats an interesting feeling you describe. Im still waiting for my VNG results. The audiologist doing the testing said that they see A LOT of patients with MAV. Her initial opinion was that MAV is fairly unlikely for me, but not impossible. I should be hearing back with the results soon.

From what I’ve read over the last couple of years a lot of people get the feelings you describe, although for a variety of causes (MAV included). I had a lot of feelings like that when I was at my worst. I rarely get them any more, although I still occasionally get a feeling of being pulled backwards when I stop my car at traffic lights/in a queue etc. It’s a bit unpleasant/weird, but I suppose over time I have got a bit used to stuff like this and manage not to panic about it. I think perserving with doing stuff (running, walking, driving etc) helped me to get over it. And also I had some vestibular rehabilitation therapy.
When are you going back to get your results?

I would always get a ‘pulling to the left’ feeling when walking - pretty much constantly. Never to the right - always to the left (along with the other, usual feelings of inbalance, unsteadiness, marshmallow/trampoline/spongy floor, etc). All these feelings are starting to clear up, now that I’m getting to the right dose of Topamax (and have given it enough time on the drug).
Tony.

I get my VNG results back in a few days. Im anxious!

i get the same sensation also. Ive had my MAV for 12 years now, at first when i got the MAV i was in bed for most of the day for 3 years cause everytime i lifted me head off the pillow my head was tugging me in all directions and my nausea was unbearable, but once my head was supported by a pillow i felt so much better. These days i still have the pushing and pulling all the time but i think ive just learnt to live with it .
I dont even remember what its like to be normal and not have this.

Something weird happened to me like a week ago. I was going to sleep and I felt like something was pushing me well not really pushing but it felt like something made me just jolt proward all fk a sudden and I dont know why I’ve searched it up and some people think its becuase of a ghost

Neurological-type symptoms when falling asleep

Maybe this will help.

Yes yes and hell yes. I feel these symptoms 24/7 but they stopped completely when I was in remission

You juts probably lack enough sleep and rest, you can also get good nutrition for your eyes and brain.