Mozarella (bocconcini)

Hey all,

How do you guys do eating this cheese – that is for those of you for whom aged cheeses are off the list? This sort of cheese is definitely not aged and almost not cheesy at all. Last night I had a fair bit of it based on that reasoning yet today my head is very sore. There were other factors that may be responsible for today’s bad head so I’m not convinced about the bocconcini and will be experimenting again later. I love slicing it up, placing it on a sliced Roma tomato, salt and pepper, some olive oil (prob what did me in) and a fresh basil leaf. Down the hatch.

S

— Begin quote from “scott”

I love slicing it up, placing it on a sliced Roma tomato, salt and pepper, some olive oil (prob what did me in) and a fresh basil leaf. Down the hatch.

— End quote

You are sooo Bondi. :wink:

— Begin quote from “Victoria”

You are sooo Bondi. :wink:

— End quote

:lol:

Are you guys taking the ***** piss (think Gordon Ramsay)? :lol:

Well, it’s more interesting than stir fried kangaroo for a change!

Never heard of that cheese. Maybe it was the combo with the tomato?? Some people have problems with tomatoes.
Gail

It’s still mozzarella isn’t it? Just in a cute little ball.

Oh it’s a cheese is it? I thought the post was going to be about a new doctor…a gorgeous Italian who has come up with a cure for dizziness, and will need me to take a long holiday in Rome as part of my treatment…
Oh, I can dream…

— Begin quote from “rockyksmom”

It’s still mozzarella isn’t it? Just in a cute little ball.

— End quote

DOH, yup it is. They just package it in a small container and make them into little balls.

So I should be asking if and how much mozarella messes with anyone?

I’m not convinced any cheese causes me a problem…certainly no identifiable reactions to any - although I am mostly sticking with fresh goat cheese but have the occasional capricosa for pizza

I seem to do okay with “fresh mozarella,” the moist-packed stuff, but seemed to have trouble when I tried regular, relatively dry mozarella, which can be aged a bit.

I worship Cheeses - young or old. The face of Cheeses on toast - now that is something really special.

OK, so now we’re talking about mozzarella… don’t know about that one since I rarely push the envelope with dairy due to usual disastrous results. I’ll have to revisit that one when I’m feeling particularly brave or haven’t hit my limit on triggers.
Gail

— Begin quote from “Victoria”

The face of Cheeses on toast - now that is something really special.

— End quote

Just make sure it’s not Erik Estrada or you’re liable to hurt people’s feelings. :roll:

Hey Vic,

“Bocconcini”, I thought it might be a new preventative :?

“Cute little balls” packaged up, is that the stuff that smells like dirty socks that you get in a tin at Christmas :lol:

Seriously, yes I can eat Mozzarella. I can also eat mild cheddar in small doses, but if I have a particularly cheesy lasagne, I am in trouble the next day.

Christine

Christine,

The stinky cheese in a tin you’re probably thinking of is Parmesan. When fresh it’s strong, but tasty and good on pasta. But Parmesan also comes in a ‘powdered’ form. It’s an abomination and an offense against the good name of Cheese. It STINKS like the worst, cheesy old socks you can imagine - homeless old man’s socks marinated in a public urinal. The smell alone could trigger a migraine.

Bocconcini on the other hand tastes and smells like not much at all. That’s why Scott has to team it with Roma tomatoes, olive oil, salt, cracked (must be cracked - fancy) black pepper and fresh basil. It is a popular dish in cafes lined with chrome and timber in Bondi. :wink:

Vic

They dont serve it with chips then :frowning:

Christine

— Begin quote from “cmoc”

They dont serve it with chips then :frowning:

Christine

— End quote

Work around it. Nachos is a start or, if you are in the US (or visiting) they seem to like deep fried cheese. Imagine cheese, shaped like a chip, battered and deep fried…

Wow, you guys are making me so hungry. AAAGH. Not sure I dare touch the stuff… I’m afraid it would require an extra topamax dose, advil, and then down for the day.
Gail

Vic
You make me laugh!!
I haven’t found a link to foods that are triggers. Mine are sleep and red wine.
Kelley

— Begin quote from “rockyksmom”

Vic
You make me laugh!!
I haven’t found a link to foods that are triggers. Mine are sleep and red wine.
Kelley

— End quote

Kelley red wine is bad news for me too. I tried a glass of cab sav last night. It was sooooo delicious I had two more glasses. I’ve been feeling rotten all day. :frowning: