Dears, first of all I would like to express my gratitude towards this super useful forum. I came across with it and indeed I feel now with a bit of relief knowing that more people is – unfortunately – feeling same as I am doing now.
Also please apologizes in case you find some mistakes as English is not my native tongue
Everything started last 16th of January when I woke up in the morning. I opened my eyes still lying on the bed and everything around me was spinning crazy. I turnaround myself to the opposite side in order to improve the situation but it was still there… As far as I remember the total time of the experience was no more than 30 seconds, and during all the rest of that day I was a bit dizzy but not really suffering this bad feeling of spinning/ vertigo or only when I was in the bed and quite ´´mild´´. Small clarification, like 2 years ago I had the same one day after a party/ drinking and it completely disappeared after 30 seconds so I assumed it was part of the hangover. Also reading on internet saw that this type of vertigo attacks are quite common and normally go away after a while so I did not do too much importance back then.
The thing is that since that 16th of January until today I have being feeling like a residual- unsteadiness that even though is quite mild, is affecting me from an anxiety point of view as I am asking: is going to really disappear once? In addition going to Dr. Google was not helping as I came across with things like PPPD or VM which really freak me out.
Some important tips and questions:
- The firsts weeks this non-stable feeling was ´´worst´´ compared with now
- I never went to the doctor but straight to a specialized physio in vertigo who told me I got VPPB
- We did 2 Epley´s maneuver on the 2nd of FEB and 22nd of FEB, in the second time I was feeling a bit better than first. Again, my problem I think is not really VERTIGO as I only had once for 30 seconds (16th of JAN), my problem is this residual dizziness.
- I don’t have headaches, lights or blurry vision, pain in my neck. I never had nausea or vomiting. I can do more or less my normal life – gym, swimming, work- , I have not loose coordination or struggling when speak
- I can be in front of my laptop working for 8 hours non-stop and it does not bother me. I feel ok (even better) when I am in crowded places as my mind is more busy. For example yesterday in a big food market with some friends I was normal
- Lights, supermarkets, traffic jams … don’t affect me at all
- Going in car/ bus … don’t affect me at all
Some important background information:
- From 15 years old until 20 I used to have some migraines with aura – I can count the times with my fingers, not too much and not too heavy – and since then until today (34 years old) they went completely out. Sometimes only headaches due to stress at work/ university but nothing out of the ordinary
What I feel then?
- When I walk If I move my neck to the left/ right and after to the front again (to cross a street for example) I tend to have some seconds of not very balance world (mild)
- When I do things at home, cleaning, looking for stuff in the kitchen (up), then go low again, I tend to have some seconds of not very balance world (mild)
- When I sit in this type of bar-stools without any backrest, I tend to feel a bit non-balanced
- When I am sit like exactly in this moment and look up to the roof, I tend to be 1-2 seconds not 100% balanced.
As I was reading a lot of things on internet:
- Can I have residual vertigo after BPPV that is going away little by little?
- Do I have VM/ PPPD symptoms?
- Can be just that my brain is re-adapting again after a very hard vertigo attack (15th of Jan)
- Can I just being a bit overwhelmed and exaggerating a bit?
Please note in my country social security is a bit slow so I am waiting for my appointment on the 22nd of March with an otoneurologic but I am afraid all the test will be ok, and my concern is: is this residual whatever we can call it dizzy, vertigo, unsteadiness go away? Can the anxiety do it even worse than it is?
I have been a quite healthy person, both physically and mentally but for the last 2 weeks I am barely eating and with some anxiety episodes. Please note I a also quite against taking everything ending in -PAM (benzos) or any type of pill like these.
Your comments will be appreciated and sorry if it was too long!