Pins and needles/head burning, itching, crawling sensation

Just wondered if any other Mav’ers get this, for me this sensation, specifically on my head, started about 6 months before the imbalance. I think I remember reading the Dizzy Cook mentioned this as one of her VM symptoms. Quite often I’ll wake up with it in the morning and it comes and goes. I know pins and needles elsewhere are common with migraine but mine is specifically head related.

Did you hit search before posting?

Take a look at this Poll: Do you experience paresthesia / pins & needles? (Pre-Medication)

1 Like

I did look, but wondered if head sensations are a MAV symptom. I’ve had pins and needles constantly in my hands and feet for years, they’re annoying and I’ve never got a definitive answer from medics as to the cause. As I have Fibro, B12 deficiency and underactive thyroid it could be any or all of the above. The head ones only started Autumn 2021 though. Reading through the poll I could see numbness and parathesia mentioned in limbs but not on the head/scalp.

1 Like

i get a sensation that’s akin to hot needles or prickles, all over my body, head and face included. its an inter-ictal symptom and ive never experienced it while the migraine is actually present (rare occasion lately)

1 Like