Waking Up with Pain/VM (pillow or tmj alt treatment needed)

Hi There,
Trying to find my threshold and triggers for Migraine/VM after recent diagnoses and I’ve noted I’ve been waking up with neck discomfort/beginning of migraines very frequently over the past few months.

Has anyone had success with any alternative treatments to calm the jaw?

Has anyone had success with any certain brand of pillow/level of elevation? Now i have 3 or so pillows at a slanted angle so i can adjust them as needed, because lying to low will bring on vertigo, but my suboccipital area is so sensitive the stiff pillows i wake up with pain in that area quite often.

I’ve ground my teeth for over a decade and am 100% compliant wearing my custom mouth guard. I actually start invisiline in a couple weeks because my misalignment and shifting in my teeth is starting to chip my teeth pretty rapidly (so i must be grinding/clenching during the day and not realizing).

A bit of board etiquette, please, so things can remain structured so readers can find stuff more easily in fewer places.

1. There are loads of pre-existing Topics on TMJ, please try to contribute to those instead of creating a new one: Search results for ‘tmj’ - mvertigo.org vestibular disorders support forum

2. Sleeping position, again loads of existing topics, please read those first and contribute to them as you see fit with a new post: e.g. Does sleeping position matter?, Pillows etc. etc.

3. Please ask different questions separately in different Topics, don’t muddy a single Topic with almost two separate questions and only if they haven’t been asked before if at all possible please,

1 Like