Pillows

I canā€™t lie flat at all. I have to use three pillows at night but itā€™s giving me neck problems, which seem to be exacerbating my dizziness. Anyone found a solution to this, apart from buying one of those expensive electronic beds? :frowning:

Brenda

ā€” Begin quote from ā€œBrendaā€

I canā€™t lie flat at all. I have to use three pillows at night but itā€™s giving me neck problems, which seem to be exacerbating my dizziness. Anyone found a solution to this, apart from buying one of those expensive electronic beds? :frowning:

Brenda

ā€” End quote

Brenda I have a small pillow (neck Pillow) that I put under my neck at night along with using three pillows . You can order them from Amazon ā€¦

(NB from admin: these images link to products members have found helpful and at the same time helps fund the site: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. More recommended products here. Thanks for your support!)

Neck Pillow This one is firmer
More health accessories here

This one is softer:

amazon.com/Happy-Flowers-Nec ā€¦ 86&sr=1-65
(admin: product no longer available?)

1 Like

Thanks Timeless. Iā€™ve just had a look at them on Amazon. Silly question, but do you use the dog bone one on top of the other three or just below them? I canā€™t quite imagine it. But Iā€™m very interested in the idea of a special neck pillow. I never gave that a thought. Personally I like my pillows firm or else I feel all at sea. Thanks ever so much for the suggestions and links.

Brenda

Thanks Timeless. Iā€™ve just had a look at them on Amazon. Silly question, but do you use the dog bone one on top of the other three or just below them? I canā€™t quite imagine it. But Iā€™m very interested in the idea of a special neck pillow. I never gave that a thought. Personally I like my pillows firm or else I feel all at sea. Thanks ever so much for the suggestions and links.

Brenda

ā€” End quote

Just put the dogbone on top of the pillows and under your neckā€¦that is what I do and it stays pretty much in place if now then if I wake up I just move it back under the neckā€¦I sleep on my side so that is how I use it. This is the only way I can sleep.

Plus I have another one I put behind my neck when I am sitting it helps with the heavy head I feel so much of the time .

Got it! Thanks again Timeless.

Brenda

You might also want to try one of the firm wedge pillows. I know some of the medical supply stores carry them. I donā€™t know who makes the one I have, but it is pretty firm. Iā€™m going to try to attach a link to one similar I found. Hope it helps!
makemeheal.com/mmh/product.do?id=10574
Sarah

ā€” Begin quote from ā€œsasadā€

You might also want to try one of the firm wedge pillows. I know some of the medical supply stores carry them. I donā€™t know who makes the one I have, but it is pretty firm. Iā€™m going to try to attach a link to one similar I found. Hope it helps!
makemeheal.com/mmh/product.do?id=10574
Sarah

ā€” End quote

They have these on Amazon alsoā€¦ just FYI. :smiley:

(NB from admin: these images link to products members have found helpful and at the same time helps fund the site: As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases. More recommended products here. Thanks for your support!)

ā€” Begin quote from ____

You might also want to try one of the firm wedge pillows.

ā€” End quote

Thank you Sarah. And for the Amazon link Timeless. Iā€™m so desperate I might even try them all! See which one works best.

Brenda

ā€” Begin quote from ____

You might also want to try one of the firm wedge pillows.

ā€” End quote

Thank you Sarah. And for the Amazon link Timeless. Iā€™m so desperate I might even try them all! See which one works best.

Brenda

ā€” End quote

That is what i did all except the wedge!

Have you ever tried sleeping on a recliner? It is much cheaper than one of those expensive hospital beds and will maintian the elevated position you are looking for.

Brian

Canā€™t say I have Brian. But what a novel idea. Iā€™ll certainly give it some thought along with the ideas above. Thank you.

Brenda

Hi Timeless,
I just placed my order for the dog bone pillow as I have terrible neck pain too. Thanks for the tip!
Lisa

ā€” Begin quote from ā€œMAVNYā€

Hi Timeless,
I just placed my order for the dog bone pillow as I have terrible neck pain too. Thanks for the tip!
Lisa

ā€” End quote

I use the neck pillow when sitting behind my neck that way my head does not feel so heavy , especially when I am sitting on the sofa with my laptop. I have to have something behind my neck when I sitā€¦in other words there has to be a high back chair that I can put the pillow behind.

I think you will find the pillow helpful, BTW which color did you get! :smiley:

Hi Timeless,
That is the exact symptom I haveā€¦ my head feels so heavy that my neck just canā€™t hold it anymore, even in a high backed chair. I am hoping that this will allow sitting to be more tolerable and I can get out of bed a bit moreā€¦
I got the medieval blueā€¦ and you?

Thanks againā€¦lisa

Hi Timeless,
That is the exact symptom I haveā€¦ my head feels so heavy that my neck just canā€™t hold it anymore, even in a high backed chair. I am hoping that this will allow sitting to be more tolerable and I can get out of bed a bit moreā€¦
I got the medieval blueā€¦ and you?

Thanks againā€¦lisa

ā€” End quote

I got redā€¦just because I am a Georgia Bulldog fanā€¦LOL.

You know what else I got is a neck brace that I use sometimes when it feels really heavy. It seems to help a bit but the pillow has been a lifesaver.

Hey Timeless,
Just got my dogbone pillow and am sitting quite nicely in my high backed chair------------THANK YOU!

I highly recommend it to those of us with heavy heads. It really does hold you head up quite comfortably:-)

Be well,
Lisa

I got mine today as well! Havenā€™t used it yet though. Going to get the wedge as well soon. :slight_smile:

Brenda

Hey Timeless,
Just got my dogbone pillow and am sitting quite nicely in my high backed chair------------THANK YOU!

I highly recommend it to those of us with heavy heads. It really does hold you head up quite comfortably:-)

Be well,
Lisa

ā€” End quote

Lisa,

I am so glad that it is working well for you. I would be lost without mine, it has been a lifesaver for me to be able to sit up and hold my head.

I got mine today as well! Havenā€™t used it yet though. Going to get the wedge as well soon. :slight_smile:

Brenda

ā€” End quote

Let me know how it works out for you Brenda and I would like to know how the wedge works as I have been thinking about getting one.

I will. And I hope to get the wedge next week. Will get back to you on how I find it.

Brenda