Covid Vaccine

Iā€™m not discounting long covid. Iā€™m saying the risk is small compared to the known risks of mRNA medical intervention gene therapy. And we need to stop discounting every other cause because they add up to more than covid.

1 Like

If only MAV lasted just six months:

" How long does it take to recover from long Covid?

Unfortunately, there is currently no way to predict how long recovery from long Covid will take. Itā€™s important to note that this isnā€™t unique to Covid-19 ā€“ other viral illnesses also have lasting effects. Experience from other viruses suggests that most symptoms should go within three months, while tiredness may last up to six months. But that may not apply to everyone."

https://www.bhf.org.uk/informationsupport/heart-matters-magazine/news/coronavirus-and-your-health/long-covid

But this is interesting, so agree with you on similarities:

" What is the link between long Covid and postural tachycardia syndrome?

There is some emerging evidence that in some people, long Covid symptoms could be caused by a condition known as postural tachycardia syndrome, or postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (PoTS). This condition can cause dizziness when standing and can be triggered by an infection. Symptoms can also include a fast heart rate, palpitations, feeling faint, headache, fatigue, ā€˜brain fogā€™, and blurred vision."

We have a number of PoTs sufferers on this very board (prior to COVID), so we could be talking about some kind of continuum here ā€¦ did some of those individuals have some kind of overwhelming viral attack that kicked their PoTs off? (sorry that came out wrong :grimacing: :sweat_smile: )

Most people here have had brain fog and issues with vision!

4 Likes

One point Iā€™d like to make here though, is that to ensure more ā€˜conformanceā€™ to guidelines, there was definitely, in the UK at least, an aim to scare the population into submission, verging on propaganda!

This has even been picked up by the more ā€˜authoritarian, big governmentā€™ left media:

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/nov/06/britain-government-terrorism-covid-priti-patel-boris-johnson

Verging on propaganda? Flew over the edge a year ago. Again, cui bono? Big pharma and the media they sponsor.

1 Like

I donā€™t think this should be a place for conspiracy theories and fear-mongering. Covid-19 may have a high survival rate, but it has left many people with debilitating, chronic health problems. This disease is much more serious than the typical flu virus. The vaccines are not a government scheme to alter peopleā€™s genes. mRNA cannot change your DNA in any way. It is a messenger molecule that tells your body to produce the spike protein (temporarily) so that your immune system can make antibodies. The only ā€˜gene therapyā€™ I know of is CRISPR. I respect everyoneā€™s right to make their own medical decisions, but please do your research before spreading misinformation. We all have enough anxiety to deal with already.

4 Likes

Hence the reason my info tracks back to the CDC, WHO, NIH. Iā€™m not conspiracy theorizing and Iā€™m definitely not fear mongering. Take what you want with your own body, but be informed and expect others will be, too.

P.S. Welcome to mvertigo.

2 Likes

Could you link the particular studies you are referring to? Specifically, data that suggests mRNA can somehow alter your genes? I havenā€™t seen any scientists make that claim. Iā€™m happy to read anything from a reputable, peer-reviewed source.

Follow the links from the article I posted. Thatā€™s an excellent start. The information is out there if youā€™re willing to see it.

1 Like

Indeed, there are huge similarities between Long Covid & MAV/Vestibular conditions.

New data from the BMJ today, which is incredibly worrying: Almost third of UK Covid hospital patients readmitted within four months | Coronavirus | The Guardian

I personally know someone whoā€™s only 20yrs old (healthy), caught covid and developed clots in his lungs. As far as Iā€™m concerned, Covid is definitely far worse than flu. There is alot of fake news and bad data out there but its ultimately for everyone to reach their own conclusion, based on their own risk appetite to live or die. I think those of us who developed MAV via flu/viruses, probably relate to the dangers of covid alot more.

All the negative propaganda about the Oxford vaccine causing clots is rather funny, given that Covid-19 itself has a much higher chance of causing clots.

3 Likes

Damned if you do, damned if you donā€™t?

2 Likes

Indeed. I think the potential use of vaccine passports is making people get the vaccine. I have a few friends that plan on having the vaccine, as they donā€™t want to be denied of their social activities such as pubs and flights.

Ultimately its just choosing between the lesser of two evils. Its just Unknown virus vs. Somewhat known science. :man_shrugging:

All I would say is that the virus has been around longer than the vaccine :slight_smile: Though I appreciate some of the vaccines may belong to families that have been used for other viruses before?

1 Like

The Oxford vaccine uses exactly the same scientific method used to develop the influenza vaccines each year, so the science is pretty solid. There is more of a question mark over the US vaccines as they use the new mRNA method, so the concern around that is understandable.

2 Likes

Yeah, Iā€™d definitely want the Oxford variety if at all possible then.

3 Likes

Having the vaccine really helped me feel liberated, as I re-gained a sense of freedom. Although such a basic thing, it feels incredible to just walk down a narrow street with passers-by and not fear anything.

Given that society is now unlocking, it simply means that all of us will have to catch covid sooner or later (unless you stay indoors permanently).

1 Like

Iā€™ve never feared it. (Most of this fear is the result of government propaganda imho, particularly if you are not within a vulnerable group (e.g. < 60, zero comorbities, a good weight))

But I would like rid of the damn masks!!

2 Likes

I must say, itā€™s been so very refreshing to hear someone on here who knows what theyā€™re talking about when it comes to the rona. Most people have believed the official narrative and gone along for their genetic modification. Suckers.
I wonder if I know you by a different name on Facebook?
If you like, please see me there under the name STAR HALL, for more of the same as I think youā€™d like my posts if youā€™re on there. Cheers, Anthony

1 Like

You injected an untested RMNA ā€œvaccineā€ in order to feel free? Werenā€™t you free beforehand?

1 Like

Does mRNA vaccines give someone covid-19? How do they interact with the DNA?

But with Covid-19 (or any infectious disease), it isnā€™t just about your own body. You might be happy to get Covid, but could easily spread it someone who would die of it. Protecting the vulnerable in our societies and communities is the reason that all people must do their part and be vaccinated. Suggesting vulnerable people just sequester themselves away forever seems like the kind of attitude people with our conditions (VM/chronic migraine) often getā€”that youā€™re expendable, that your life is a write-off if you canā€™t do the things that ā€œnormalā€ people can, when really, there is a social responsibility for us to care for each other and accommodate each other so we can all live meaningful lives and participate fully in society.

And re: Covid specifically, in my country the variants are prevalent, my cityā€™s ICUs are over capacity with previously healthy people in their 30s and 40s. It is tragic. The vaccine rollout here has been slow so it has not been able to prevent a devastating third wave.

My parents are 78 and 80, very healthy and exercise every day, but my father has a heart condition and serious Covid would probably have been extremely serious or fatal for him. The kind of reasoning I see in this thread suggests that a death of that kind would have been something just to be expected, a sad necessity. I disagree. My father has many healthy years to live and the relief I felt when he got his first vaccine last week was immeasurable.

Since my chronic migraine and vestibular symptoms ramp up hugely if I even have a small cold, I donā€™t want anything to do with Covid and have been super careful. Very excited to get vaccinated myself!

(mRNA vaccines are actually an unbelievable feat of science, and have been 95% effective in testing for HIV! They are being developed for other diseases including flu and CANCER!!)

4 Likes