The Migraine Associated Vertigo Community
Read our welcome post, user support wiki & visit our member recommended products page

About the New here, let me introduce myself 🤝 category

Please go ahead, introduce yourself and tell us about your experience so far

2 Likes

Hello I am new here, so happy to be able to share with others who understand the symptoms as I have felt a little isolated lately. I am three years since having been diagnosed by Dr Surenthrian as having MAV. After a long time off work, I managed to return to a high powered career over the last year as it was p/t and employees put in some helpful restrictions ie only 30 min drives and run of the mill type of visits. I am taking 6 -0.5 mgs pizotifen currently, Dr S wants to increase as I still get head pains and visual disturbances as well as dizzy spells when increased activity. But I get so tired so he has prescribed a different drug to add to what I take
I can’t remember the name and prescription has not come through yet. However my role is finishing soon and all are expected to step up to a higher graded role with a lot more stress. I am 51 and am really not sure I can manage the change. I have found my symptoms have returned over past few weeks and I get more dizzy and visual disturbances. Work envolves a lot of screen time. I am also finding it really hard to retain new information. Feel it’s so hard to explain to family etc as they see me as being ok. Has any one else found it hard to retain information and absorb new info? I am questioning whether I am up to a new more stressful role. It would be great to hear it’s not just me.

1 Like

Hi, I’m new here. 3 years into being diagnosed by Prof. Luxon in London with VM. Trialled so many drugs, now being told by my neurologist at St Thomas’s hospital to try Amytriptaline again. I don’t get much of a headache, it’s the nausea and internal whirling that’s the worst. Currently I feel rather discouraged. If a drug doesn’t work, I have to wait 6 months for the next appointment… Venlafaxine was probably the best of the bunch, but coming off it…! the withdrawal symptoms were awful. I felt quite psychotic! I’m now being considered for TMS . I also found the Curable App a good support when I’m feeling in the pits.( curablehealth.com). Was really interested in the post on the research of 3 drugs specifically for VM. Thank you for posting that. This condition can be very isolating- so I’m grateful to have found this site. Glad to be part of this. Alexa.